By MsDrawable
#55430 I think I am going to try my hand at Dewgong, I am still planning out the model, but before I get too far I would like to know the general consensus for what its pose and 'animations' should be.

I am stuck between a floating swimming type pose, and a more 'seal-like' pose; similar to what seals look like on land (with similar movements of course)

Maybe both to help the peeps who animate? I will continue working on the base but I would love some feed back.

Example Pictures:
| Show

PS: I will be editing this post when I have a complete enough model to show, see you all soon~

First Update:

I am trying to get the look right, mostly I just want to know how people feel on the proportions or starting pose, I was thinking that the swimming pose might need the tail to come up a bit more; but I want to get the general consensus before I go past the point of no return.

By karrybird
#55431 make both poses, then maybe they could both be worked in. kinda like how magikarp has a different pose in and out of water.

and there needs to be an animation for pokemon with flippers, like seel and tirtouga (tirtouga's current animation just looks ridiculous right now XD)
By MrMasochism
#55452 if you can just give us the rotations to switch between the poses, or are willing to sit down with an animator to work them out we could definitely do both. I'd say put it in the swimming pose for now but lets work out how to get the sitting one too cause it would be awesome to have both
By karrybird
MrMasochism wrote:if you can just give us the rotations to switch between the poses, or are willing to sit down with an animator to work them out we could definitely do both. I'd say put it in the swimming pose for now but lets work out how to get the sitting one too cause it would be awesome to have both

oh oh, you know what else would be awesome to have two different poses? the birdies.
for when they are on the ground and in the air. because seeing them either constantly flying 24/7 or seeing them motionlessly spiraling into the air just looks awful. :)
for any bird i make, i'd be more than willing to make the extra poses.

it could be kinda like chickens in vanilla, like how they walk when on the ground and flap when in the air? i think it would be pretty neat.
By Harbinger
MsDrawable wrote:I think I am going to try my hand at Dewgong, I am still planning out the model, but before I get too far I would like to know the general consensus for what its pose and 'animations' should be.

I am stuck between a floating swimming type pose, and a more 'seal-like' pose; similar to what seals look like on land (with similar movements of course)

I was thinking the same thing but hopefully you will come up with a good model and save me the trouble of having to have to attempt it, so good luck! Also I agree with Kerry, sounds like a great idea.
By Css1234567890123
#55759 This first update looks nice, but one nitpick that I have is that the head looks a bit too blocky, so try to smooth that up like the rest of the body, and also, some front views, and top views would be nice, other than that, it seems nice, good luck on it!
JOIN THE TEAM