Staryu ready for approval?

67%
33%
By digisonic90
#65810 Hi, so here it's my first model on blender, Staryu <3, i hope you like it and feedback :)

OLD
Spoiler:
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]

I have problems with the gold thing on his back, I hope someone help me in this..
[center]Image[/center]

UPDATE
Spoiler:
here is :P , I redesigned it this afternoon, but it was worth it hehe. I followed the advice of Vespirs and is now more identical to the original design. I think it needs some correction to the brightness of the gem, but the major changes are made ;)

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]

UPDATE 2

More techne like:

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]

SHINY :D
[center]Image[/center]

By Vespirs
#65828 Jose, define 'perfect'.... There is a lot of improvements this model needs. Here, I will guide my improvements with these reference images. Refer to them for anything I say.

First thing I notice is that the star is way to simple, and perfect.
Yes, perfect. Staryu isn't exact symmetrical, therefore, you need to change the shape of the star, because it doesn't look like staryu.
Secondly, the star isn't thick enough, it needs to be fatter, it looks far too thin.
Next, the texture colours are off. The brown needs to be browner, the gold needs to be more darker, and the red in the gem needs to be lighter, plus have a reflective effect on it, as it is a gem-like thing, and is not all one straight colour.
Then, you're missing some yellow bands that go in-between the points on the star.
There is also a band that wraps around it's back left leg.
In the middle of staryu, it is a circle, not just points coming off of the gem. Fix that.
The gem is far too big, and the yellow part is far too small. The gem also comes off of the star too much.

Yeah, so fix all of that, and then update it. Then, we'll see from there.
By Vespirs
sludgybeast wrote:Also to expand on what vespirs said the thing in the middle there is like a dome before the square star thin and the gem on top of that that's what vespirs was talking about making it thicker, there is actually that piece missing (side note you are a girl correct vespir? Didn't want to assume and I feel like I heard it from SPG or something)

I am.
By KuryoZT
#65901 Jose, 'perfect' is a word I rarely use because of what it means and therefor implies about the model, take note of that, if you want.
But Vespirs and sludgy kinda said it all, but you "have problems with the gold thing on its back"? Was that before Vespirs came by? Otherwise it means you already noticed it, that's good.
About the gem, make it smaller, and the yellow thing holding it bigger. Then the yellow should be like a half sphere, except the yellow lines as they go straight. (Look at Vespirs's pictures, they explain it well.) The reflection would be nitpicking, but an awsome addition to your model.
For the colors, I guess you took the brown from the artwork, right? Maybe not, but if you did, it should be good, the lighter part could be Blender's lighting, and would suck. But since I never used it, I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll leave this to others, more experienced with the program.
So yeah, it was all already said, my bad.
Good luck.
JOIN THE TEAM