By tkgamer18
#78364 I don't think you textured because it looks like it was vertex painted.

By Pro_Malti
tkgamer18 wrote:I don't think you textured because it looks like it was vertex painted.

I'm sure it's only so we and also him can get the idea of how it looks with colors.
By SPG
#78387 there is a difference in what he did, then lets say that person did with lotatd, he just threw on 2 colours to give you a general idea on how it will look, the other person tried to keep it that way because they modeled the eyes and everything else so he could change the colour of the mesh
By Pro_Malti
SPG wrote:there is a difference in what he did, then lets say that person did with lotad, he just threw on 2 colours to give you a general idea on how it will look, the other person tried to keep it that way because they modeled the eyes and everything else so he could change the colour of the mesh

That person who did lotad is tkgamer18, which is the person who commented about the vertex paint here.
By AnDwHaT5
#78524 It is really not bad. Here is what i suggest. The tail needs to be bigger. The feet rounder, the fluff fluffier, the back leg looks broken so it needs to be straightened a bit. The ears need a small amount of improvement. Look at the ears in the reference. They are rather flat. Yours are round. You are also missing the fur on the top of its head. Your doing fine so far and have great frame work. Touch up these things and you should be doing pretty good.
By AnDwHaT5
MrMasochism wrote:gee that was condescending andwhat...

Sorry if it appeared like that i just saw some flaws and thought it would be a good thing to point them out so they could be fixed.
By Strayed
#78938 I think you could lose a poly or two in the lower leg joint before the foot area to straighten it out make it look less like it's crouching and more like your lovely ref pic.
It's looking great so far, love that tail. XD
By StopherSylvia
Pro_Malti wrote:
tkgamer18 wrote:I don't think you textured because it looks like it was vertex painted.

I'm sure it's only so we and also him can get the idea of how it looks with colors.

He used a different method than I use, so I don't know the name of it and I'm not sure if it can go into more detail. I believe it's not vertex paint although I don't vertex paint either so I can't say for sure. I recommend uv mapping it with seems and the uv image editor mode. Not sure if my method will work in Minecraft though I never got that question answered, but using the uv image editor lets you shrink and stretch the way it unwraps and how each individual part is mapped.
By Kharon
#79116 The method I used is flat materials with no specularity (shininess) -- the mane and body are currently 100% independent vertex groups. This model will be textured by the end of the week, along with some clean-up on the model shapes. I promise all of you, I am working on it, I just have to make a crude rig (time consuming) to help solve some of the problems in the current shape while maintaining the proper proportions.

As for some of the flaws, the roundness of the ears and the width of the tail are based on numerous references including the official model used in Pokemon XD. The fur on top of the head is also an asymmetrical element, so whether I do it only with texture or include it in the model, it has to wait until I'm satisfied with all of the symmetrical parts of the model first. With both of those factors in mind, I want to try to collapse the ring around the middle of the ears to form a bit of "corner", and to increase how "fluffy" the mane feels, without just making it bigger (it is quite large enough, based on my references).
JOIN THE TEAM