Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By redrafter
#105433 It depends on how entertaining the video is. If you make a mistake or two, I can forgive it. If you know absolutely nothing about it, I probably won't watch the video. In fact, people who do know most of their facts but make a couple of mistakes are actually the people I laugh at most. Especially when they act like they know it all.
By Smarticus14
#105452 I will admit it is kind of annoying when they do that on YouTube but they do it so that they have fun discovering the stuff they don't know about it. In some ways that is a good thing because knowing everything about a mod will make you speed through everything to get to the final best stuff without fully enjoying and appreciating the stuff in between.
By Turtylx
#105458 Doesn't bother me to be honest :P
I enjoy watching people who don't know what they're up for and the surprises that they encounter on the way. It can be boring sometimes if they know everything, who's reaction would you rather?

Know it all: "Oh sweet, a gastly!"
Noob: "What in, what? What is that? Gastly? That's so cool!"

I don't know, just might be me that finds it funny when people who don't know stuff about Pokemon and they find it out on the way.
By PokeWillpower
Turtylx wrote:Doesn't bother me to be honest :P
I enjoy watching people who don't know what they're up for and the surprises that they encounter on the way. It can be boring sometimes if they know everything, who's reaction would you rather?

Know it all: "Oh sweet, a gastly!"
Noob: "What in, what? What is that? Gastly? That's so cool!"

I don't know, just might be me that finds it funny when people who don't know stuff about Pokemon and they find it out on the way.

We're not talking about that though, the kind of person I mean would be more like:

*Noob encounters Spearow*
Noob: Holy crap, what is THAT!?!?!?
Noob's friend: What is what?
Noob: This thing, do you know?
Noob's friend: WHOA! I think that's Pidgey!
Noob: Really? I'd better use my Master Ball on it just in case it's rare...

You know? It's not even this scenario that gets on my nerves, it's the fact that they're trying to get fame out of Pokemon even though they really don't even like the franchise. It's like what you get if you combine Mario and Call of Duty, it's just one big nooby mess.
By RomeoSync
#107234 Yea that is true it does really irratate me when they dont even know about pokemon it self and just play to play
By RomeoSync
#107235 then they make another vid apologizing for not getting the powerful or shiny pokemon and end up doing it AGAIN
By Da Donk
#107251 Some of them have played pokemon but some people like TheBajanCanadian haven't played since first gen so of course he's not going to be caught up. On the other hand, youtubers like ASFJerome, do know what they are doing because they've played until the 4-5th gen. In general, they aren't going to know much about pixelmon if it's their first time playing.
JOIN THE TEAM