By Windjoe
#11912 Remodeling things isn't bad but for now things above gen1 won't be added till later

By Mundus
MrMasochism wrote:Well ideally we want both. We want gen 1 finished and we want the existing models bought up to scratch. You won't be yelled at for not doing the ones that are left to finish off but it really does seem a waste putting so much time into a model which we simply won't add (talking about > gen 1 models)

Right, I understand economizing the short term and long term. The good thing about this model is it's relative simplicity, and it makes good use to refresh and rest from something straining and time consuming like the Mewtwo model I made. After I spend a little time tweaking this, I can go into the Mewtwo model with the anesthetic of familiarity washed away. I think that me working on this will make those models better, plus it will be here waiting in the future (It's Gen 5, so that might be a while :/ )
By SPG
Mundus wrote:
MrMasochism wrote:Well ideally we want both. We want gen 1 finished and we want the existing models bought up to scratch. You won't be yelled at for not doing the ones that are left to finish off but it really does seem a waste putting so much time into a model which we simply won't add (talking about > gen 1 models)

Right, I understand economizing the short term and long term. The good thing about this model is it's relative simplicity, and it makes good use to refresh and rest from something straining and time consuming like the Mewtwo model I made. After I spend a little time tweaking this, I can go into the Mewtwo model with the anesthetic of familiarity washed away. I think that me working on this will make those models better, plus it will be here waiting in the future (It's Gen 5, so that might be a while :/ )

like i said, post progress so we dont have another mewtwo, and before you take this the wrong way, what i mean by this is that if you give us progress updates we can help you make it better along the way so you dont get mad some people dont like it, not being mean, its just how some things work, its really a win win, you make somethign you like that looks good, while the community enjoys the work you made, sure it was put very poorly for your mewtwo, but thats because you didnt post updates and you just put a lot of time and effort into it before getting opinions on it
By Mundus
#11935 I wasn't mad because people didn't like it, or preferred a different concept. I was mad because preference was disguised as criticism, and I was made to look like I couldn't "handle" criticism at all. Or, that the deficiency was on my part. Let's be honest, is "and you wont be finding mewtwo in a cave, i promise you that, he was made in a mansion anyways" really relevant criticism as it pertains to the model? No, it was a haughty jab to show you had more knowledge about the series (anime maybe? I know he was in a cave in the game, which is relevant since the sprite/model is based off of the same game) than I do, or at least the plans for the mod (which admittedly, I know nothing about. I just make models). While it's true that I did work hard on the model, I wouldn't say "just posted it", as I also left it unpolished to some extent so there would be gradual progression for the community to see. I could have worked on it more and then posted it, but I felt that the time I put into it was enough for the initial post. Just to be clear, I was not angry at the actual criticism, and if you look in the topic, I respond quite well to the suggestions that appropriately apply.
JOIN THE TEAM