By gamerdude16
#118437 Also if I may ask, how did you decide how tall the buildings were going to be?

EDIT: Also can I ask how you were able to make all those trees the exact same way? Thanks
EDIT EDIT: Are there any tips you can give me? I am trying to make the other four regions the exact same way as you with the command blocks and the 2:1 ratio. I've started working on Sinnoh (because that's my favorite region) and it has been pretty tiring, any tips you can give me? I'm hoping maybe I can get all 6 regions and put it i to one adventure server and have like a POKEUNIVERSE

By ihatemimes
gamerdude16 wrote:Also if I may ask, how did you decide how tall the buildings were going to be?

EDIT: Also can I ask how you were able to make all those trees the exact same way? Thanks
EDIT EDIT: Are there any tips you can give me? I am trying to make the other four regions the exact same way as you with the command blocks and the 2:1 ratio. I've started working on Sinnoh (because that's my favorite region) and it has been pretty tiring, any tips you can give me? I'm hoping maybe I can get all 6 regions and put it i to one adventure server and have like a POKEUNIVERSE

How exactly do you mean about building sizes? I made them as tall as they needed to be to get in all the detail they needed without looking to slim if you know what I mean.

For the trees, I personally used the copy/paste function in MCEdit but there are easier ways like WorldEdit if you know how to use it.

That does sound amazing! I would love to see the progress. The later dimensions are a little hard to get all the detail in 2:1 because of the higher quality graphics of the sinnoh region.
In terms of designing, I would recommend to first, what I did anyway, set out where the tree line is going to be and make little 4x4 blocks which stand for each tree around and set up the entire map. That way you know everything is going to line up perfectly rather than getting near the link up and realizing you are out by several blocks.

Just realize, if you are doing this alone, that it is going to take a long time and that people are likely doing something similar. You might consider joining someone's build group.

Tigermanic wrote:I can't seem to load the world, after I pressed the button in spawn and TPed to the first room I crash to desktop. Is there a mod besides pixelmon you used in this map, or am i just unlucky?

This map is entirely vanilla, at the moment, the Pixelmon mod does not work with 1.7+ for now but it will be soon. The reason you are crashing is because there are 1.7 features that minecraft uses that won't work with Pixelmon but once Pixelmon is updated, I'll start adding the features. Stay tuned.
By ihatemimes
Sammichu1 wrote:Amazing

Sammichu1 wrote:help can someone help me i dont know how to use the command block i know how to get it not to use it.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you need a tutorial on how to use command blocks? If so, check out 'dragnoz' on youtube. He does some great tutorials.
By SireSolo
#122682 Nicely done... Can't wait to try it out once Pixelmon gets updated to 1.7+... Will people then have to go in and add stuff like the PC or healers, or anything like that, or will you reupload/fix the map by adding this stuff in later?
By ihatemimes
SireSolo wrote:Nicely done... Can't wait to try it out once Pixelmon gets updated to 1.7+... Will people then have to go in and add stuff like the PC or healers, or anything like that, or will you reupload/fix the map by adding this stuff in later?

Thanks a lot. At the moment, I'll keep a separate download for vanilla users but when pixelmon 3.1 comes out, I plan to make it as close to the original game as possible adding in all the correct Pokemon and trainers to routes, add all in all the correct items/PCs/Healers etc.

Also just updated to 4.0. Had a bit of a problem with my computer so missed out an update last week, but 4.0 involves the entire SEVII ISLAND story now!
JOIN THE TEAM