Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

Should the pixelmon spawner and trainer editor be a main priority?

67%
33%

By Soshimaru
#17811 I'm making a custom map for our Pixelmon server and I had a problem.

If this mod is still in devlopment, would it be possible to make it so only pokémon from certain generations spawn to some "claimed territories"

I guess we could enter every single one of them one by one, but if you think of something faster, that would be nice.
By rfh
#18123 First off how am i going to show a picture of pixelmon spawning? the only hard proof is with the trainer mod which is still in development but i guess i can post pics of the trainers in game and battling them.... And Soshimaru i don't understand what you are asking. You want it to have a spawning system like pixelmon has right now but only in a specific gen in the claimed box? and if that is the case then no, since this mod is for allowing a specific level of pokemon and specific pokemon to spawn in a area you desire so there is a way to play pixelmon rather than finding random pixelmon in the wilderness. Bye the way i was planing to release the 8 days of pixelmon mod Mods (8 days and each day a diff mod is released) 8 mods? i thought you where only doing 2? well nope i made 8 lol and its not in stages or anything each mod is very different from the next... Oh and btw if you where wondering how the biome thing works the claim has to be 10x10 or bigger and it acts like a wholl new biome where you select what pixelmon spawn in your newly made biome and that triangular thing is sort of what the pixelmon spawner idea was and will be used for makeing pokemon games... the biome thing is for adventure maps...
By Soshimaru
rfh wrote:First off how am i going to show a picture of pixelmon spawning? the only hard proof is with the trainer mod which is still in development but i guess i can post pics of the trainers in game and battling them.... And Soshimaru i don't understand what you are asking. You want it to have a spawning system like pixelmon has right now but only in a specific gen in the claimed box? and if that is the case then no, since this mod is for allowing a specific level of pokemon and specific pokemon to spawn in a area you desire so there is a way to play pixelmon rather than finding random pixelmon in the wilderness. Bye the way i was planing to release the 8 days of pixelmon mod Mods (8 days and each day a diff mod is released) 8 mods? i thought you where only doing 2? well nope i made 8 lol and its not in stages or anything each mod is very different from the next... Oh and btw if you where wondering how the biome thing works the claim has to be 10x10 or bigger and it acts like a wholl new biome where you select what pixelmon spawn in your newly made biome and that triangular thing is sort of what the pixelmon spawner idea was and will be used for makeing pokemon games... the biome thing is for adventure maps...

rfh wrote:You want it to have a spawning system like pixelmon has right now but only in a specific gen in the claimed box? and if that is the case then no, since this mod is for allowing a specific level of pokemon and specific pokemon to spawn in a area you desire so there is a way to play pixelmon rather than finding random pixelmon in the wilderness.

Well nevermind. In my post I already said I would work this way. This was merely a suggestion.

rfh wrote:And Soshimaru i don't understand what you are asking.

Well I don't see how I could be more clear. You even seem to understand from what you replied...

rfh wrote:Oh and btw if you where wondering how the biome thing works the claim has to be 10x10 or bigger and it acts like a wholl new biome

Why 10x10? can't it be a single block? Does that mean you won't be using my idea of Linking multiple "Pixelmon Biomes" together and editing the whole group in a single edit? Can you tell me why it has to be that big?

rfh wrote:and that triangular thing is sort of what the pixelmon spawner idea was and will be used for makeing pokemon games...

I legitimately don't understand that part. Explainations?

Otherwise, I'm happy to see the mod is still being made. Really excited about it. I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but it's because I want the mod to be as good as I expect it.
By TeenIdle
#22239 Well there's a problem with the pixelmon spawner, as you're looking at over 600 eggs, unless they simply add a box with a check list of pokemon (From a block similar to that of the spider spawn blocks and such as opposed to eggs). But again, this would be a rather huge check list by the time most of the pokemon are added to the mod. The best way would to start a separate mod (If not done already) that gets updated as it goes. Trainer spawner, however, would be easier. It would take maybe 20 skins for different trainers, and a small box of info upon spawning that would allow the person spawning to choose the pokemon, levels, gym badge, TM for winning, and even maybe each pokemons stats and attacks. This could also be randomly added, with a gym building added into villages. Another cool addition to that would be that certain badges (1-8) affect what level pokemon will listen to you. So, on top of adding gym badges, you could also select which badge is which, similar to the games. In survival, this could be set off, Random, or could be relevant to the spawn point. Eg. The further the gym is away the higher the gym badge number, similar to the games. If I knew how, I'd start a trainer spawner, or perhaps the pixelmon spawn mod.
By rfh
#23031 i have been thinking about making it like this for survival but no promises...... its taken me this long just to make my mods what iv made so far.... Anyways the planed release date for the 8 days of pixelmon mods for pixelmon are planed to be released on the 27th of April to may 6th ^.^ Oh and iv decided to show off the lamer mods before the trainers which has amazing features such as chat makeing your player walk and all sorts of things. (Sry it took me so long to get this going but i made a huge idiotic error and also forgot to make all the mods work together and on pixelmon at the same time so.... after the 8 days are over i will release a mod pack where all 8 will work together :p Btw the first mod of the 8 i will show will be the wild pixelmon spawner area thing... (needs a better name) First so i can show off my stuff then present lamer to best mods.....Btw just as a hint of what the mods are not going to be about are: 1.Anything to do with breeding 2.things for the player to ride 3. does not add any new characters (besides trainers obv) so yeah... have fun wondering what the other 5 mods are about, i did'int leave any hints on what they are so dont even try to look for hints ;)
JOIN THE TEAM