By karrybird
#20098 how unlike me to post a wip, welp, here's snivy so far :)

Spoiler:

update: finished!

Spoiler:

By Articuno437
#20106 Great! Looks awesome.
By Skibb
#20120 Well, karry. We've told you this so many times before, and you should know about the rule now. Do not make non gen 1 pokemon, unless they are fossils (which you model and we appreciate) or evolutions of gen 1 pokemon.
By ChaoticIntake
Skibb wrote:Well, karry. We've told you this so many times before, and you should know about the rule now. Do not make non gen 1 pokemon, unless they are fossils (which you model and we appreciate) or evolutions of gen 1 pokemon.

Considering the huge amount of high-quality models that he/she (sorry, I don't know your gender) puts out, I personally think it's fine if he/she deviates every now and then. The same goes for anyone. If you don't make ANY models, or contribute in any way, then sure, you should be focusing on Gen 1 when you model stuff. But considering that Karry has done a lot for the mod in terms of the quality of his models, and the amount he/she puts out, I don't think it's unreasonable to allow a personal project every now and then.

Everyone needs their moments to unwind, and if Karry's way to break the monotony is doing something he/she wants to do, where's the harm in that? It's not like Karry ONLY posts Gen 2+ models.

The only reason I'm posting this is because the way that you said it kinda makes you come off like an asshole. I mean, the alternative is that he/she could just LEAVE because she feels like she can't take a break every now and then, and then you wouldn't have a modeler like him/her at all.

*Editing because I forgot to mention: Skibb, don't think I'm singling you out, because you have a valid point. This IS Gen 1 Model Feedback, so maybe this isn't the best place. Then again, Karry's not a beginner, so it shouldn't go in Beginner Model Feedback either. Maybe there's some in-between place the moderators could create so that personal projects like these have a home?
By Jack_Attack12
#20176 First off karry is a girl : D

And i was about to say the exact same thing, Karry puts so much work for this mod i think its fine for her to do a snivy this time. This is a great model karry! Well done. The glint in the eye makes it even more adorable. I do love this. But can we get a better view of the tail?
By Skibb
#20210 Who is then allowed to do a non gen 1 model else than karry?
By ChaoticIntake
Skibb wrote:Who is then allowed to do a non gen 1 model else than karry?

Skibb, I understand the dilemma you're probably facing with the "one person is allowed, so why isn't everyone else" rule, but the only reason I wrote that to begin with was because, while I understand that there are rules for the time being designed to structure content produced so that the Gen 1 Pokemon get done faster, there are MUCH better ways to tell someone to follow the rules than how you did. You sounded like somebody's parent, or like you were scolding a dog, and that's personally not how I'd like to be treated, if I were in Karry's shoes.

Karry pumps out top-quality content on a regular basis, and the second she decides to work on something that sounds fun to her, she gets told off by a moderator, and despite the fact that this is a feedback subforum, no feedback was given other than "don't do these, because we don't want them right now". Do you see what I'm getting at?

There are better places to tell people that kind of stuff, like PMs, or in another applicable subforum.

There are also better ways to tell people this kind of stuff, like saying, "Hey, good model! Here's what I think about it: A, B, C. In the future, though, remember that we're still only accepting Gen 1 submissions, but I like where this is going!"

My point is, like I said before, you're not necessarily wrong in the point you were originally making about the fact that we're only putting Gen 1 stuff in the mod right now, but the way you talk to people could definitely use some thought.
By Ledia
#20266 Another point to compliment Chaotic... The first gen is nearly finished! Only 20 pokemon haven't been approved, and among them 16 are in development. A majority of them nearing completion! With the exception of the machop line, magmar, and a few nido's it's done. The community is too big and organic to be brought to a specific point and told to stop and hold on until everyone is at said point. There is more than enough energy for the first gen to be completed, we don't NEED everyone to stop what they were working on to reach that goal, we're well on our way. It would be more detrimental to tell so many to stop and it isn't even necessary, so why bother?

Also, motivating the community to continue pumping out models like they have been MAY be difficult when we lack a clear and concise goal like 'let's finish the first gen'. It's an awesome help to have so many models completed with such quality and consistency from karry and we'll very soon be RELYING on that creative energy to keep moving after our goal has expired.

tl;dr Karry, you rock! Don't stop believen'.... hold on to that feelin'!!!
JOIN THE TEAM