Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Rahnza
#203956 Wiki lists Razor Fang as a 5% drop from Gligars.

I've spent the past few days in a swamp running around and killing ever Gligar that spawns. I haven't been keeping track, but it must be at least close to 100, and I haven't seen a single Razor Fang. I've gotten several Quick Claws, which aren't listed as a drop on the wiki.

Is the Wiki information incorrect or am I extremely unlucky?

I know that the Wiki is out of date on a lot of stuff, but it makes a lot of logical sense for Gligars to drop their own evolution item.

By XpanD
#203957 The Pokémon pages on the wiki are generally quite old. We're working on finally updating all of them for the upcoming 7.0 (tons of work!), but some of them may not have the correct info right now.

For the Razor Fang in 6.3.4, Crobat has the highest chance of dropping one (main drop). Gliscor and Pyroar also carry it, though as a rare drop.

If you want to know for sure which Pokémon drop a specific item, the Discord (link to the right) is currently the best place to go -- people there should be able to help you.
By Rahnza
#203958 Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'm wasting my time with Gligars then.

5% chance from them seems fine for an evo item. I don't think these should be super rare items. I know Crobats were listed on the wiki as a 50% drop, but it didn't seem realistic to go after them since afaik you have to be underground and even then it's something like a .3% chance of spawning (our server has /checkspawns enabled), unless there's a better way to find them that I don't know of. Likewise with Gliscor/Pyroar rarity.
By XpanD
#203959 7.0 changes a looot of spawning/loot-related stuff, so with a bit of luck that'll improve the situation already. If the item is still too rare after it might be worth bringing that up in the Discord. Would be a nice tweak for 7.0.1!
JOIN THE TEAM