Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ItsBaggins
#204446 Hello All!

So I've been following guides to install Pixelmon Reforged, along with Forge and a handful of sidemods, in order to try and set up a server for my friends and I to play on. I got everything installed and all the mods into my mods folder and started the server, but when I tried to start Minecraft Forge, it crashed.

It gave me this error message,
The game crashed whilst there was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail
Error: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from Pixelmon (pixelmon)
along with the crash report I copied below.

I've spent a while trying to look up solutions and troubleshooting tips, but I haven't had any luck. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to the world of modding in Minecraft. Also, I wasn't sure what forum to post my question to, so if there is another forum that I should be posting this to as well, or instead, please let me know.

Cheers!

Code: Select all---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

WARNING: coremods are present:
  SpongeCoremod (spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3890.jar)
Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge

// Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 8/11/19 7:43 PM
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from Pixelmon (pixelmon)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.config.TileEntityRegistry.registerRenderers(TileEntityRegistry.java:95)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.ClientProxy.registerRenderers(ClientProxy.java:158)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.Pixelmon.init(Pixelmon.java:164)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
   at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:637)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
   at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
   at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:219)
   at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:197)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
   at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
   at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
   at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.redirect$forgeImpl$PostEvent$zza000(LoadController.java:568)
   at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:136)
   at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:744)
   at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:336)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:535)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:378)
   at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: pixelmon:models/blocks/fossil_machine/fossil_extractor_glass.pqc
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.ClientProxy.getStreamForResourceLocation(ClientProxy.java:703)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.models.smd.ValveStudioModel.loadQC(ValveStudioModel.java:185)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.models.smd.ValveStudioModel.<init>(ValveStudioModel.java:65)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.models.smd.ValveStudioModelLoader.loadModel(ValveStudioModelLoader.java:53)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.models.blocks.GenericSmdModel.reloadModel(GenericSmdModel.java:50)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.models.blocks.GenericSmdModel.<init>(GenericSmdModel.java:30)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.models.blocks.GenericSmdModel.<init>(GenericSmdModel.java:35)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.models.blocks.GenericSmdModel.<init>(GenericSmdModel.java:39)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.render.tileEntities.RenderTileFossilMachine.<clinit>(RenderTileFossilMachine.java:35)
   ... 44 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: pixelmon:models/blocks/fossil_machine/fossil_extractor_glass.pqc
   at net.minecraft.client.resources.FallbackResourceManager.func_110536_a(FallbackResourceManager.java:69)
   at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.func_110536_a(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:65)
   at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.client.ClientProxy.getStreamForResourceLocation(ClientProxy.java:701)
   ... 52 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
   Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
   Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
   Java Version: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation
   Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
   Memory: 360735272 bytes (344 MB) / 1073741824 bytes (1024 MB) up to 3221225472 bytes (3072 MB)
   JVM Flags: 8 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx3G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M
   IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
   FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.5.2838 Optifine OptiFine_1.12.2_HD_U_E3 16 mods loaded, 16 mods active
   States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored

Mods:

| State | ID            | Version                  | Source                                        | Signature                                |
   |:----- |:------------- |:------------------------ |:--------------------------------------------- |:---------------------------------------- |
   | LCHI  | minecraft     | 1.12.2                   | minecraft.jar                                 | None                                     |
   | LCHI  | mcp           | 9.42                     | minecraft.jar                                 | None                                     |
   | LCHI  | FML           | 8.0.99.99                | forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2838.jar                 | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |
   | LCHI  | forge         | 14.23.5.2838             | forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2838.jar                 | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |
   | LCHI  | spongeapi     | 7.1.0-9067212f0          | spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3890.jar      | None                                     |
   | LCHI  | sponge        | 1.12.2-7.1.7-SNAPSHOT    | spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3890.jar      | None                                     |
   | LCHI  | spongeforge   | 1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3890 | spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3890.jar      | None                                     |
   | LCHI  | biomesoplenty | 7.0.1.2441               | BiomesOPlenty-1.12.2-7.0.1.2441-universal.jar | None                                     |
   | LCHI  | jei           | 4.15.0.287               | jei_1.12.2-4.15.0.287.jar                     | None                                     |
   | LCHI  | journeymap    | 1.12.2-5.5.5             | journeymap-1.12.2-5.5.5.jar                   | None                                     |
   | LCHE  | pixelmon      | 7.0.7                    | Pixelmon-1.12.2-7.0.7-server.jar              | None                                     |
   | LCH   | pixelextras   | 2.5.1                    | PixelExtras-1.12.2-2.5.1-universal.jar        | None                                     |
   | LCH   | wondertrade   | 4.6.2                    | WonderTrade-1.12.2-4.6.2-universal.jar        | None                                     |

Plugins:

| State | ID               | Version     | Source                                  | Signature |
   |:----- |:---------------- |:----------- |:--------------------------------------- |:--------- |
   | LCHI  | luckperms        | 4.4.28      | LuckPerms-Sponge-4.4.28.jar             | None      |
   | LCHI  | nucleus          | 1.12.2-S7.1 | Nucleus-1.12.2-S7.1-MC1.12.2-plugin.jar | None      |
   | LCH   | simpledexrewards |             | SimpleDexRewards-1.0-RELEASE-.jar       | None      |

Loaded coremods (and transformers):
SpongeCoremod (spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3890.jar)
  org.spongepowered.common.launch.transformer.SpongeSuperclassTransformer
   GL info: ' Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation' Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 431.60' Renderer: 'GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2'

By XpanD
#204447 You're running the -server .jar on a client, but that file is missing all the assets (models, textures, etc.) a client would need. Try downloading the -universal file, that should fix things.

(you also have a bunch of other mods that are required on the server only -- you'd only need Pixelmon, JEI, BoP and Journeymap on there)
By ItsBaggins
#204448 Ok cool. I deleted the excess mods from the client mods folder, so that should hopefully be fixed.

Can you explain to me how to download the "-universal" please?
By XpanD
#204449 You can get that from the Pixelmon Reforged site, it's the main download there. Alternatively, you can install the pack on Technic or AT Launcher and they'll get the files and do the setup for you.
By ItsBaggins
#204450 I actually got it working right as you messaged back based off what you had said before. Thanks for the prompt replies and the help! I really appreciate it!
JOIN THE TEAM