By BlueMoonLuna1130
#207548 my idea was for there to be realistic terrain/weather effects in the overworld during battle. whenever there is a battle, there would be terrain/weather effects in the overworld within a 10 chunk radius of where the battle is taken place. it would be the following

hail: snowy weather
sunny day: clear weather
rain dance: rainy weather
sandstorm: a sandstorm type weather(new weather effect caused by the new system)
desolate land: clear weather but every now again, the land would be set on fire and water would dry up.
primordial sea: thunderstorm, but every now again, the water would rise and fire would be put out, and lava would turn to obsidian as well.
delta stream: windy weather would be caused, and has a chance of spawning in a tornado.

terrain effects:
electric terrain: redstone/light blue or yellow electric particles would be on the ground.
psychic terrain: enchantment particles/magenta particles would be on the ground.
grassy terrain: different shades of green particles would be on the ground with the ground temporarily turning into a flower forest type environment.
and misty terrain: a foggy type/pink particle effects would be on the ground.

i know this would take a while for it to be coded and everything, but i feel as if it could make the world of pixelmon more realistic.

p.s. due to this new battle weather system being a feature in the mod, it would make the extreme weather mod incompatible with pixelmon.

By SKyTheThunder
#207550 Some of these would effectively grief the area, by placing or removing random fire or water or changing the terrain. I don't think we'll have that as a thing that can accidentally happen during battle.

I can't say much about the localized weather - would probably require replacing the whole weather system? Not sure if that would be worth looking into.
Might also be an annoyance because weather is a decently common spawn condition - random battles changing the weather while you're hunting for a certain weather-specific spawn doesn't sound that fun.

For me the visual terrain effects seem the most likely out of these. You have to keep in mind that particles can cause a lot of lag on weaker systems though, so there may be restrictions to this.
By BlueMoonLuna1130
#207551 it wouldnt be a permanent thing. it would go away over time. there are three things to keep in mind.
1. this can easily be disabled in the config files depending on the server.
2. it isnt a permanent condition to the surrounding area. it would go away over time, or automatically depending on the situation. as i previously stated, it gradually spreads over time. the particles would stay until the end of the battle, or whenever the terrain ends, whichever comes first. the weather would only last for however long the weather is supposed to last. as far as the desolate land/primordial sea/delta stream abilities go, the fire from desolate land will eventually go away and fire spread can easily be disabled in the config files, the water will eventually return to normal and not only can be drained via sponge, but can also be disabled as well. as far as the tornadoes from delta stream goes, tornado damage can easily be disabled completely if need be. as far as the grassy terrain goes, the flower forest biome like environment generated by it over time will either eventually revert back to normal, or it will automatically revert back to normal.
and 3. server plugins such as "grief prevention" automatically takes care of this situation.
By SKyTheThunder
#207552 Many people on singleplayer or private servers would not check such configs or use claim plugins and will accidentally damage or destroy their home. So those features would have to be off by default - which in turn would make most players not discover they exist...
By proclarushtaonasat
#207576 i dont know, if im remembering this right, but in the twilight forest mod, there are localized effects, for certain biomes. Like darkness and acid rain, if you havent defeated the required bosses before. Maybe those mechanics can be reworked somehow, to simulate weather, by having them affect the player instead of an area. vanilla minecraft also has something like that, when you approach the wither, the sky darkens in that area, where the health bar is visible
JOIN THE TEAM