By 9Tales
#211857 The entire Pixelmon world used to count as Galar (might not anymore, not sure), which could be confusing to new players. However, as the Minecraft world is larger than Earth, it never made sense for it to all count as one region. Not to mention, the Minecraft world has lots of biome diversity, creating lots of different environments that Pokemon could be adapted to.

I propose that certain Better Spawner Categories count as certain regions when it comes to breeding. Categories that are similar to the region should count as the region. As long as the ranch block is in the biome, the two Pokemon inside the ranch are considered to be in the corresponding region when it comes to breeding. For example, breeding a Rattata while the ranch block is in a biome that counts as Alola would result in an Alolan Rattata unless the regular Rattata parent is holding an Everstone.

Here are my suggestions:
  • Alola - Beaches category
  • Galar - Taigas category
  • Hisui - Mountainous Forests category

Maybe there are better categories that fit the regions, but those are the best that I can come up with at the moment. If matching Better Spawner Categories to regions causes problems (such as conflict when biomes are in multiple categories), then individual biomes could be matched to the regions instead. In that case, the Beach biome can be Alola, the Taiga biome can be Galar, and the Wooded Mountains biome can be Hisui.

By SKyTheThunder
#211861 The breeding system has been on the backlog to receive a complete overhaul for some time. This could be another aspect to be addressed with that. I can't say when we'll be able to tackle the whole thing though, with all the features currently requiring attention.

I'd rather see it delegated to certain biome conditions per species, not per region, set in their Stats file. Alolan Vulpix and Sandshrew for example don't really fit on a beach.
Would make sense to overlap with their regular spawn biomes instead - though could be set much wider, like any "Snowy" biome for Vulpix. Basically as a "lore" reason, it prefers living in a specific area, but that "Alolan" trait will be selected for in any biome it's better suited to than the original.
By 9Tales
#211868 I've considered the idea of species-specific biomes for regional variants, as I felt the same about Vulpix and Sandshrew. I guess it is the better option. The regional variants for Vulpix, Sandshrew, Mr. Mime, Darumaka, and Zorua would all make sense for Freezing categories. Galarian Ponyta might make sense for Flowery, Mushroom, Roofed Forests, or Magical. Not sure which.

As for overlapping with spawn biomes, there are some regional variants such as Growlithe, Rattata, and Zigzagoon who have very similar spawn biomes to the originals. This should be considered.
JOIN THE TEAM