By RosebudOfficial
#212970 TL;DR: New Structures/Terrain Generation/Events for Legends/Myths/UBs in order to make the gameplay loop feel less aimless and more adventurous

The current system of Legendaries/Mythicals/UBs just spawning in the world is both anticlimactic universally and an RNG nightmare in multiplayer that encourages servers to take a P2W approach (and don't flex how you grinded for hundreds of hours to get one, I'm glad you have that time on your hands, but I also wanna have fun).

I think the best solution to this would be structures, events, terrain generation, and mini-biomes suited for each legend/myth/UB (I'm just gonna call them Specials from now on to be succinct), such as specially generated caves, islands, and buildings (shortened to Dungeons from now on). This is kind-of implemented with the Kanto Birds, The GSC pair, the Creation Quartet, Celebi, and Mewtwo to a lesser extent, but I think even those should be reworked to be less tedious (especially the creation quartet and the Kanto Birds).

I know that many consider this mod to be a multiplayer focused experience, but singleplayer ultimately feels aimless to play (from the handful of servers I've played on, Multiplayer gets to a point of aimlessness too, especially since most of the popular servers have less pokemon spawn as well as no structures). I feel like this addition would bring more adventure and goals to the experience as well as give these Specials some more personality.

How would the dungeons function? Ultimately that'd be up to the devs to decide, but I'll put my foot forward on how I'd approach it:
There would 2 types of 'dungeons'
Major dungeons would be filled with aggressive pokemon that fit the scenery as well as hidden loot. At the end of these dungeons, the player will need to perform an action of some kind to summon the Special. Each player can summon only one Special per Dungeon (this is for multiplayer to actually function). Overall it would evoke the same feeling of exploring a wooded mansion, a nether bastion, or an ancient city in vanilla minecraft.
Minor dungeons could be as big as an island or as small as a single room. These are mainly reserved for 'sets' of specials that would have rituals to perform in order to summon them.
Events would be used for Specials that don't really have much location-based significance to base off of. These would be in a similar vein to Mewtwo where the player would need to perform a set of actions, but independent of any sort of structure. With the added freedom, these would require many more resources to perform.

Some brain storming bullet-points:
* Most of the current content can be reused :
-The Tidal and Clear Bells could be taken to the Whirl Islands/Bell Tower respectively,
-The Soul Orbs could be taken to a Mt Silver cave system, a Seafoam Islands cave system, and abandoned powerplants respectively (I would remove the charging requirement of the orbs since the dungeon would be the actual challenge).
-The Timespace altar can mostly remain the same, but placing it on the top of a mt.coronet mini-biome or dungeon (whichever would be easier, you just did it with Lanakila, so either or) could be interesting. Same as above, the charge of the rubies should be removed since the trek up to the altar as well as gathering the Lake trio is the actual challenge.
- The Illex shrine can be reused, but the method for getting the GS Ball should be less of a grind and feel more impactful than some guy making it for you.

* Content from base-game minecraft can also be reused: Wooded Mansions can be used to house Rotom, the Ocean Monuments can house Manaphy, Jungle Temples can house Mew, etc.

*If you're worried about players just flying/digging into these dungeons and skipping the challenge, you could do a 'Words echoed through your mind, dont do that' type system for those actions until that legendary has been caught.

* Just spitballing now:
- NewMoon and FullMoon islands that can appear in ocean biomes
- Tapu shrines along beaches
- Making the White and Black orbs loot items and bringing them to the top of Dragonspiral Tower to summon their specific legendary
- Actual lake dens for the Lake trio
- Being able to create your own Genesect and Type Null through similar machines to the Mewtwo machine
- Shrines for the Regis with a set of riddles each one can pick from that the player has to solve
- The Dyna-hill tree for the galar birds instead of whatever the hell the quest for them now is
- Specific methods of summoning UBs would also be appreciated

* Looking towards Gen 9 as well:
- A 'Great Crater' biome reminiscent of area 0 would be a neat place to put the paradox pokemon. You could make 2 types with Past paradox mons in one and Future mons in the other and the respective box legendary in each.
- Ruinous Safes could be found in the nether, unlocked by pulling and collecting stakes that also generate, and then using them to unlock seal doors on the safes. Inside you'd find the Treasure of Ruin quartet of the matching color.

It's all obviously a lot to ask for, but the recent changes of streamlining apricorn trees and removing anvil stuff give me the impression the devs are trying to make the experience more fun overall and less of a grind (which was VERY appreciated). I'm hoping an idea like this or something adjacent could be the direction the mod takes in the future.

By SKyTheThunder
#212976 The goal is to eventually have unique methods for all (sets of) legendaries. But planning those out and implementing them (along with all necessary assets) takes a lot of time. And a mechanic that only affects a single or handful of Pokémon won't have a higher priority than mechanics that affect huge parts of the game.

As part of the Build Team I'm itching to create legendary structures, but there's so much more to be done besides that too...
JOIN THE TEAM