By Enwor
#211161 Hallo I played the 8.4.0 Update and have some suggestions for the improvement to optain essence and booster.

for the essence:
catch a pokemon and delete a pokemon should give also some bit of essence. (delete a pokemon also because you dont delete it but you will let it free) <-- at least it is wat its says in the games.

for booster:
I would think it is maybe better to have for each pokemon typ a booster and this booster will only cost essence from the corosponding pokemon typ.
For Example: fire booster will cost fire essence only.
With this you dont will be in trouble to fight fairy or dragontype pokemon (or other types of pokemon).

I hope for a good discussion about my suggestion in the commens. Maybe I can enrich my suggestions with your ideas.

By SKyTheThunder
#211170 We're following the original TCG, which doesn't really have boosters by type. Additionally, not all base game types are represented in the TCG. There might be some amount of Essence distribution that could be done for the specific sets thematically, but that would require an additional level of balancing that doesn't really impact the results of the draw...

The method of obtaining Blank Cards of the different types could maybe get a change that uses Essence, but I'm not sure if/what plans there are in that regard.
By Enwor
#211172 thanks for your thoughts and ideas. Yeah I was thinking that you guys want to stick to the original TCG. What do you guys think about getting essence via catching a pokemon and let it free? Of course not so much as when you fight it but a maybe a little bit and maybe a fixed amount. Because otherwise you can catch a level 1 and train it with exp sharer before you let it free
By SKyTheThunder
#211174 I personally see no issue in Essence from catching, maybe reduced by 50% or something.

Essence from releasing would need to be balanced against that though. Catching and releasing shouldn't give more Essence than defeating the Pokémon in my opinion. And as you mentioned, level scaling may lead to other farming methods... That would mean that the fixed amount would need to be around half of what a lvl 2-5 gives when defeated - at which point it may not really be worth implementing it at all...

But that's just my personal opinion. I don't speak for the devs - and for all I know they may decide to approach this from an entirely different angle, if at all.
By Jefferyk2
Hallo I played the 8.4.0 Update and have some suggestions for the improvement to optain essence and booster.

for the essence:
catch a pokemon and delete a pokemon should give also some bit of essence. (delete a pokemon also because you dont delete it but you will let it free) <-- at least it is wat its says in the games.

for booster:
I would think it is maybe better to have for each pokemon typ a booster and this booster will only cost essence from the corosponding pokemon typ.
For Example: fire booster will cost fire essence only.
With this you dont will be in trouble to fight fairy or dragontype pokemon (or other types of pokemon).

I hope for a good discussion about my suggestion in the commens. Maybe I can enrich my suggestions with your ideas.

Thank you for sharing your suggestions for improvement in the 8.4.0 Update. Your ideas for essence and boosters seem like they could add a lot to the game and create a more in-depth experience for players.

For the essence, having the option to gain essence from catching and releasing Pokemon is an interesting idea. This would encourage players to continuously catch new Pokemon and add an extra layer of strategy to the game.

Regarding the boosters, the idea of having type-specific boosters that cost essence of the corresponding type is a unique approach. This could add an extra challenge to the game, forcing players to consider their strategy and the types of Pokemon they choose here to catch and keep.

These suggestions show a lot of thought and creativity, and I'm sure they would be well received by other players. I hope that the developers take your ideas into consideration and incorporate them into future updates.
JOIN THE TEAM