By MrYeet123
#213557 The new daycare system has potential but as it is now compared to the old one...
This new one is worse. And it's because of the amount of the time it takes to produce an egg and the fact you can only make three at a time.

Three every hour.

That just aint fun or rewarding.

So since reverting back to the old style isn't an option due to. Reasons.
How about making each daycare it's own egg producer instead of having them all linked up to one? This would make owning multiple daycares even have a purpose. Cause why buy one ever when you could just take one from a structure.

And to deal with the one every hour dilemma, what if each daycare could be, say, upgraded? Standard iron to diamond to netherite scheme. It'd make things more compact and give netherite more of an actual use in this mod

By StrengthOnKill
#213558 I don't think the time is an issue at all. An hour (w/ Oval Charm) is very fair in my eyes, with three at a time. It's 1/227 for a shiny (with Masuda and Shiny Charm), which would take roughly 75 hours of breeding. Actually, yeah that's kind of a long time. Granted, you can do other things so it's not too bad.

The materials is the problem for me. I'm currently trying to breed a shiny Rotom as a side project for my world. Amongst other things, it's going to take about 2270 pieces of leather. That's.. something.

Wish the 1.12 system with placeholders and no material requirement would be brought back. Also, the UI for the new one is just bad. I take the two Pokemon out of the daycare, and it sends them to my party/first available slot in my PC. That's so annoying. And it doesn't let you take the egg but keep the Pokemon in.

TL;DR: UI bad, material requirement bad, time is fine. 37mn (or whatever it was in 1.12) was too fast anyway, imo.
By Novoro
#213766 The current Breeding system is highly customizable.

Simply by going to your Pixelmon Config settings and editing your breeding.yml, you can:
    Edit the time it takes for eggs to be produced
    Edit the Oval Charm multiplier
    Edit the amount of day-care boxes you have access to (Default is 3, I personally have mine set to 12).
Here's an explanation for the breeding.yml: wiki/Config#Breeding

Furthermore, Daycares can be customized even further via Data Packs, which are easy to learn and are extremely versatile. Some options are:
    Disabling the Resource Requirement and make all breeding "free".
    Creating Custom Crafting Recipes for Hourglasses to speed up breeding processes.

MrYeet123 wrote:The new daycare system has potential but as it is now compared to the old one...
This new one is worse. And it's because of the amount of the time it takes to produce an egg and the fact you can only make three at a time.

Three every hour.

That just aint fun or rewarding.

So since reverting back to the old style isn't an option due to. Reasons.
How about making each daycare it's own egg producer instead of having them all linked up to one? This would make owning multiple daycares even have a purpose. Cause why buy one ever when you could just take one from a structure.

And to deal with the one every hour dilemma, what if each daycare could be, say, upgraded? Standard iron to diamond to netherite scheme. It'd make things more compact and give netherite more of an actual use in this mod
By LordSamosa
#214203 There's already datapacks made to remove the material requirements in our Discord. Anyone can take it and change it how they want.

I'm sorry you feel your suggestion is invalid, everyone here has brought up valid points but we've made as much of the mod customisable as possible, with people already sharing what they have made. 1.12 still required materials tbf

I agree maybe having placeholders would be nice / the UI a bit more clear on how to use.
By MrYeet123
#214272 Yeah, not everyone is going to be able to play on a world with datapacked config for things like this. Multiplayer servers for example. And just saying "you can customize/mod it" feels like the excuse mojang uses with adding features

If nothing else the default settings could at least be changed.
By StrengthOnKill
LordSamosa wrote:There's already datapacks made to remove the material requirements in our Discord. Anyone can take it and change it how they want.

I'm sorry you feel your suggestion is invalid, everyone here has brought up valid points but we've made as much of the mod customisable as possible, with people already sharing what they have made. 1.12 still required materials tbf

I agree maybe having placeholders would be nice / the UI a bit more clear on how to use.

This reply confuses me. "I'm sorry you feel your suggestion is invalid" Who are you talking to here?

Also 1.12 breeding didn't require materials for every breed. Just the environment blocks, which you didn't need to feed the machine every time, which is part of the reason why the new system is bad. Totally incomparable.
JOIN THE TEAM