By WaifuJanna
#216045 Hey there, right now the discord server is like this, a person joins the discord and ask "looking for good server", the support team leads them to the #Servers channel, and then what? The person get lost.

Since obviously the Server Owners are like "Join my Server its the best".

So i recommend to add a Template that Selected Members and Staff can add a rating template, to the servers. So there is some Neutral opinion on them.

Could be like this:

- Uniqueness/Features
    - Size/Community
    - Performance/Stability
    - Freedom(If stuff is usable, or redstone, and almost anything is blocked)
    - P2W (fly, god, legends from cashshop, unlimited, not obtainable ingame.. e.g.)

----------------
    - total rating

By 9Tales
#216046 Those tags would probably result in bias as things like uniqueness and performance are subjective. Plus, giving someone's server a low total rating is bound to make them upset. However, I wouldn't be opposed to expanding the tagging system in Discord, so that you can search for servers more easily that have certain traits. Things that are just objective facts about the server.

For example, tags for being on 1.12.2, being on 1.16.5, supporting cracked clients, not supporting cracked clients, using a resource pack, not using a resource pack, adding custom Pokemon to the game, not adding custom Pokemon to the game, having tournaments, not having tournaments, etc. Things that are not opinion-based.

That would prevent bias, while also helping people search for servers that meet their desires.
By SKyTheThunder
#216048 I feel like active ratings would be extremely unreliable. For one, each player will have a different frame of reference - between their experience with different servers, what they consider "base level" for ratings, how easy they are to impress, etc...
And then there's the matter of vote spam, in both directions. Reviews may be "encouraged" in different ways to make a server look good, or someone may have it out for a server and mobilize a bunch of disinformation against it...

It's already hard enough to sift through product reviews in online shops. A much smaller and casual circle like this probably won't be too consistent about it... Might be better to leave that to the existing server listing sites.
By WaifuJanna
9Tales wrote:Those tags would probably result in bias as things like uniqueness and performance are subjective. Plus, giving someone's server a low total rating is bound to make them upset. However, I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of tagging system if it is possible to do within Discord, so that you can search for servers more easily that have certain traits. Things that are just objective facts about the server.

For example, tags for being on 1.12.2, being on 1.16.5, supporting cracked clients, not supporting cracked clients, using a resource pack, not using a resource pack, adding custom Pokemon to the game, not adding custom Pokemon to the game, having tournaments, not having tournaments, etc. Things that are not opinion-based.

That would prevent bias, while also helping people search for servers that meet their desires.

That is, of course, if it is possible to do that in Discord. Otherwise, ignore this comment.

Yeah that would be a good idea too, like:

Casual,
    Competive,
    Player Gyms,
    NPC Gyms,
    Exploration,
    Quests,
    PVP,
    Monsters Enabled,
    OfflineMode,
    OnlineMode(Premium),
    CustomSkins,
    CustumBalls,
    Requires Extra Mods,
    Requires Ressource Pack,
    Ping/Timezone (Europe, America, Asia) ,
    MainLanguage (Maybe Discord Emoji country icons)

JOIN THE TEAM