By 9Tales
#216101 When you click the "JOIN THE TEAM" button on the right side of this page (or when you scroll to the bottom if you are on mobile), you'll see a dropdown menu where you are supposed to select the team that you want to join. Currently, the options for teams you are able to apply to in this dropdown menu is the Support team, Development team, Modeling team, Builder team, and Voice and Audio team.

One problem though: that's not all the Pixelmon teams you can join.

In addition to those five, we also have:
  • A Wiki team where you help update the Pixelmon Wiki. For example, if something new is added or something is changed in an update, the wiki needs that info added to it.
  • A Translation team where you help translate all the text in this mod into other languages, ones you are fluent in. It is particularly good if you know a language that Pixelmon doesn't have a lot of translators for.
  • An NPC team where you help make NPC Trainers and quests.
  • A JSON team where you create and update the JSON files in the data folder of the mod. This includes all the Pokemon data, loot tables, spawning data, data for Pokemon attacks, and some other stuff.

And there may be other teams that I am not aware of. After all, even though people are able to apply to them or request to join them, a lot of people (myself included) only become aware of some these teams after joining one of the other teams. If there is a joinable team that I didn't list above, that is all the more reason to make all joinable Pixelmon teams be able to be applied to with the "JOIN THE TEAM" button, as that is one method of making people aware of the existence of that team.

If I wanted to join the translation team (I don't actually, this is just an example), I wouldn't know how to apply. I could ask on Discord, but not everyone knows to try that. Not everyone even knows the translation team exists! These four teams in my bulleted list are essentially closed off simply due to how unobvious it is how to apply. We should make it clearer how to apply. And the best way to make it obvious how to apply to those four teams is to make it consistent with the other teams: by clicking on the big, green "JOIN THE TEAM" button.

JOIN THE TEAM