- The Java requirement for 1.20.2 is Java 17. This will come shipped with most launchers. For manual installation, you may need to install a later JRE.
- The minimum Forge version for this update is 48.0.22 and is required for a Pixelmon client to run.
- Worlds from 1.16.5 may not work with newer versions of Minecraft. Consider backups before updating.
- If using datapacks, consider refreshing every update for default datapack fixes from Pixelmon.
- Added a "logical NOT" spec, now allowing to do 'random legendary !mew' to get a random legendary that is not Mew.
- Adds Legend Plate to summoned Arceus.
- Adds Mirror Herb, Legend Plate, and Blank Plate.
- Adds new particles to the vanilla particle system:
- '/particle pixelmon:cyclone 1.0 255 255 255 255 255 ~ ~ ~
- '/particle pixelmon:shiny 0.5 60 255 215 0 255 ~ ~ ~'
- '/particle pixelmon:flame_particle 2 255 255 255 ~ ~ ~'
- '/particle pixelmon:shadow 1.0 255 255 255 255 255 ~ ~ ~'
- '/particle pixelmon:]blue_magic 1.0 255 255 255 255 255 ~ ~ ~'
- '/particle pixelmon:yellow_magic 1.0 255 255 255 255 255 ~ ~ ~'
- '/particle pixelmon:sling_ring 1.0 255 255 255 255 255 ~ ~ ~'
- Updated to Minecraft 1.20.2.
- Made Stench, White Smoke, and Quick Feet reduce spawns around the player.
- Changes circling orbs on chalice to fit 18 plates.
- Suggestions Fixed ore sense not recognizing deepslate ores and updated the shapes for the new 1.20 ore shapes.
- Fixed the party overlay GUI not having a transparent background.
- Fixed dens not being affected by gravity.
- Fixed dens not sinking in water.
- Fixed wishing peices not being able to be thrown into dens.
- Fixed the `random` spec not working with entity requirements such as bosses with pokespawn command.
- Fixed bosses, and pokemon with shaders applied, causing player disconnects/crashes.
- Fixed the player's party not overflowing into their PC correctly.
- Fixed player's daycare not storing correctly.
- Fixed async entity creation causing arclight crash.
- Fixed NPC parties not loading in world generation, and structures.
- Fixed random spec only giving/spawning Bulbasaur.
- Fixed EggHatchEvent firing twice.
- 21119 Fixed catching a shiny pokemon causing a crash.
- 20979 Fixed arc chalice not functioning at all.
- 20894 Fixed particles (shiny, and battle) not rendering properly.
- 21068 Fixed essence jars not rendering on "Fabulous!" graphics.
- Fixed legendary bird orbs not showing progress.
- Fixed giving held items when in creative not working.
- 20879 Fixed items not rendering on the player's head for non-slim (Steve) skins
- Fixed double battles (and any battle with rules) causing the client to be kicked.
- 20948 Fixed bosses not dropping items after the first pokemon faints.
- Fixed pokemon entities not appearing in the world after a party member faints.
- Fixed not specifying args after '/pokekill' not working.
- 20905 Fixed switch moves, such as Volt Switch, not dealing any damage to the target.
- Fixes moves continuing to be treated as Z-moves after being used.
- Updated Ukrainian translation.
- Updated Korean translation.
- Updated Traditional Chinese translation.
- Prevent deadlocking the default storage executor service by adding additional threads.
- Made the 'clearAll' method clear loading cache, and cancel running tasks.
- Changed Ribbons to create using Pokemon object rather than Pixelmon entity (this was causing crashes on hybrids).
- Changed error for 'Specification#matches' to be understandable when giving an invalid object type to the method.