By The_Nanobots
KuryoZT wrote:
The_Nanobots wrote:This would be a great idea! However I don't think we need to include the rest of the glitch pokemon (Bad egg, ▶ A, a, ゥ, h POKé, PokéWTrainer, PKMN, PC4SH, PKMNaPKMNゥ ♂ fPKMNk, etc.) you get the idea they are just too obscure for your average user to know what they are.

wow, I knew about MissingNo and the bad egg, because they're the most common I'd guess, but so many errors, all in the first gen right? It'd make more sense since it was they're first game(apparently)

All first gen. Mainly because there were 190 planned pokemon for gen 1 but they didn't get put in (that's why Missingno. has 39 different hexadecimal identifiers, because its the error handler) There are 66 different glitch pokemon (excluding Missingno.) 4 of which are unobtainable without a game shark. here is a place where you could learn more about them. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitch_Pok%C3%A9mon But about Missingno. It would serve best as an easteregg as it really is not usable in battle. It learns only Sky Attack and Water Gun twice, base Defense of 0, base Speed of 29, and base HP of 33 (not a good combination), but a respectable base 136 attack. And its type is Bird/Normal that's right I said BIRD not flying, so only normal type STAB for a couple of TM's. So yes not the best pokemon to use in a battle.

By KuryoZT
#22933 I knew about the multiple errors hexadecimal thing, but the thought they're not all MissingNo, or have names, never crossed my mind, in 15 years!!
Well, thanks for the explanation, and yeah, the attacks I knew too.
So, easter egg it is?
By Kamkari
The_Nanobots wrote:
KuryoZT wrote:
The_Nanobots wrote:This would be a great idea! However I don't think we need to include the rest of the glitch pokemon (Bad egg, ▶ A, a, ゥ, h POKé, PokéWTrainer, PKMN, PC4SH, PKMNaPKMNゥ ♂ fPKMNk, etc.) you get the idea they are just too obscure for your average user to know what they are.

wow, I knew about MissingNo and the bad egg, because they're the most common I'd guess, but so many errors, all in the first gen right? It'd make more sense since it was they're first game(apparently)

All first gen. Mainly because there were 190 planned pokemon for gen 1 but they didn't get put in (that's why Missingno. has 39 different hexadecimal identifiers, because its the error handler) There are 66 different glitch pokemon (excluding Missingno.) 4 of which are unobtainable without a game shark. here is a place where you could learn more about them. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitch_Pok%C3%A9mon But about Missingno. It would serve best as an easteregg as it really is not usable in battle. It learns only Sky Attack and Water Gun twice, base Defense of 0, base Speed of 29, and base HP of 33 (not a good combination), but a respectable base 136 attack. And its type is Bird/Normal that's right I said BIRD not flying, so only normal type STAB for a couple of TM's. So yes not the best pokemon to use in a battle.

That really should be updated. There is a series on youtube I watched of someone demostrating how to access all the glitch pokemon/trainers WITHOUT a cheating device. Most of it is the tedious long trainer glitch coupled with Special stat ditto exploit.
By The_Nanobots
Kamkari wrote:
The_Nanobots wrote:
KuryoZT wrote:wow, I knew about MissingNo and the bad egg, because they're the most common I'd guess, but so many errors, all in the first gen right? It'd make more sense since it was they're first game(apparently)

That really should be updated. There is a series on youtube I watched of someone demostrating how to access all the glitch pokemon/trainers WITHOUT a cheating device. Most of it is the tedious long trainer glitch coupled with Special stat ditto exploit.

That and the Johto guard glitch (Plenty of the glitch pokemon freeze the game upon seeing them in battle.) However the reason glitch pokemon with ID numbers 251-254 are unobtainable without a cheating device is because there is no pokemon in gen 2 with those ID numbers to preform the Johto guard glitch with.
By Kamkari
#22942 All first gen. Mainly because there were 190 planned pokemon for gen 1 but they didn't get put in (that's why Missingno. has 39 different hexadecimal identifiers, because its the error handler) There are 66 different glitch pokemon (excluding Missingno.) 4 of which are unobtainable without a game shark. here is a place where you could learn more about them. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitch_Pok%C3%A9mon But about Missingno. It would serve best as an easteregg as it really is not usable in battle. It learns only Sky Attack and Water Gun twice, base Defense of 0, base Speed of 29, and base HP of 33 (not a good combination), but a respectable base 136 attack. And its type is Bird/Normal that's right I said BIRD not flying, so only normal type STAB for a couple of TM's. So yes not the best pokemon to use in a battle.[/quote]

That really should be updated. There is a series on youtube I watched of someone demostrating how to access all the glitch pokemon/trainers WITHOUT a cheating device. Most of it is the tedious long trainer glitch coupled with Special stat ditto exploit.[/quote]
That and the Johto guard glitch (Plenty of the glitch pokemon freeze the game upon seeing them in battle.) However the reason glitch pokemon with ID numbers 251-254 are unobtainable without a cheating device is because there is no pokemon in gen 2 with those ID numbers to preform the Johto guard glitch with.[/quote]

But to get those glitch pokemon you don't need a specific ID, the special stat of the last pokemon you battled is hat determines which glitch pokemon appears. So by having a magneton with 253 special stat fight a ditto you will be able to battle any of those trainers/pokemon.
By The_Nanobots
But to get those glitch pokemon you don't need a specific ID, the special stat of the last pokemon you battled is hat determines which glitch pokemon appears. So by having a magneton with 253 special stat fight a ditto you will be able to battle any of those trainers/pokemon.

Except for the fact that special stat numbers 200-247 summon various pokemon trainers, and special stat numbers 248-255 freeze the game and any special stat numbers above 255 act as 256 = 1, 257 = 2, etc.
By naruto_chao
SPG wrote:
KuryoZT wrote:For myself, I think MissingNo, if he's added to the game, should be an easter eggs at best, not spawning in the wild on its own, because that's what it is, an error.

ya, if we do add him, he will be an easter egg, adding him spawn randomly would be idiotic

i think giving him an actual spawn rate would be entertaining. i havent found mew yet (havent been playing long, so...) but i think if he is going to be implemented he should be twice as rare as mew. or as rare, if mew only appears once
By KuryoZT
naruto_chao wrote:i think giving him an actual spawn rate would be entertaining. i havent found mew yet (havent been playing long, so...) but i think if he is going to be implemented he should be twice as rare as mew. or as rare, if mew only appears once

I have to agree with SPG, MissingNo isn't suppose to be found in the wild, so giving it a spawn rate would be absolutly stupid. In the real games, you had to use a glitch to find it, you wouldn't encounter it simply in the wild, mew was an event, different though.
If you want more explanation, I suppose you could google it, or read the guys above, they had a funny conversation about that XD
By naruto_chao
#26515 I know that...maybe he could be player spawnable by making some sort of error item? Surrounding a chicken egg in something to make it a bad egg and have that operate as a spawner egg?
By sargeantsimon
#26871 I'm personally against the addition of Missingno. It isn't a canon pokemon, for one, and would just end up taking a little more space for something nobody will ever use for anything more than a little chuckle from time to time. Sure, that's great and all, but not quite worth it in my opinion.

That being said, if it is added, I suggest making it only spawnable via command.
JOIN THE TEAM