By karrybird
fartmasterf wrote:Don't yell if I'm stupid but can I do this? Or will that blank texture always stay on top?
Spoiler:

Sorry for all the questions :D the only 3D modeling I have done was Solidworks/AutoCad/Solidedge and never needed a texture to be added.

EDIT: don't think i am making it like this! i realize the corners would look like shite when finished i just made it as an example to show my texture question

awe, don't copy paste from the official art, that's just lazy right there :)

and using flat texture blocks is also a bad idea, stick to 1 wide blocks but treat it as you would the flat block and erase the rest.

By fartmasterf
karrybird wrote:
fartmasterf wrote:Don't yell if I'm stupid but can I do this? Or will that blank texture always stay on top?
Spoiler:

Sorry for all the questions :D the only 3D modeling I have done was Solidworks/AutoCad/Solidedge and never needed a texture to be added.

EDIT: don't think i am making it like this! i realize the corners would look like shite when finished i just made it as an example to show my texture question

and using flat texture blocks is also a bad idea, stick to 1 wide blocks but treat it as you would the flat block and erase the rest.

Again, I am only playing around with the program as of now, i would never steal their texture for actual use. And what is the problem with the flat textures? The backside coming through the only problem? as I found a rather simple solution to that, just flip the left side onto the right and if it does show through the pixels are identical so it becomes the same.
By lugiaisbeast101
fartmasterf wrote:
karrybird wrote:
Spoiler:

Again, I am only playing around with the program as of now, i would never steal their texture for actual use. And what is the problem with the flat textures? The backside coming through the only problem? as I found a rather simple solution to that, just flip the left side onto the right and if it does show through the pixels are identical so it becomes the same.

The flat pieces that stick out, you can just clear them or make them blank as they won't be seen in Minecraft. What she was trying to say about the flat textures is that it flickers and looks horrible and extremely annoying in game, have you ever seen a Venemoth or Flygon? If you texture with a block and only use one side leaving all else blank, it will take care of that issue. If you don't want your Pokémon to be a walking disco ball then I would suggest taking her advice.
By fartmasterf
lugiaisbeast101 wrote:The flat pieces that stick out, you can just clear them or make them blank as they won't be seen in Minecraft. What she was trying to say about the flat textures is that it flickers and looks horrible and extremely annoying in game, have you ever seen a Venemoth or Flygon? If you texture with a block and only use one side leaving all else blank, it will take care of that issue. If you don't want your Pokémon to be a walking disco ball then I would suggest taking her advice.

Ahh thanks, I wasn't sure if it would still have the flickering if the sheets were identical on both sides. I will do that, i just seem to get lost in the pixels when I try to clear out all the extra but I guess I will get used to it.
Thank you everyone for answering all my noob questions! You will most likely see a much better model sometime soon, I just have one more week of classes and a few days of finals and then I will be off all summer and hopefully made a few models :p
JOIN THE TEAM