By Edeodin
MrMasochism wrote:If we were using a proper rigging system then sure a neutral pose would be great but we aren't. We are taking every short cut we can to make this work as well as we can and as quickly. A standing pose works really well for what we are doing, makes animating it much simpler

Gotcha, been there done that with the shortcuts. I opted for a t-pose just so I could model the back arms without the front getting in my way.

I do need to clarify though what you want in this case because Machamp's idea of a 'standing/idle' pose would have his back arms raised as in the sprites/artwork (which I would never put as a default rig pose). Is that what you want, or is it ok for the back arms to be at rest... more like a 45 angle downwards?

By Edeodin
#28106 Ok so I changed the mouth a fair bit so it wasn't as wide. If it still feels too duck face, well that's just Machamp's natural charm. I also fixed the feet because they were wrong before. And of course the back arms are now in a neutral pose, or at least a neutral pose by my understanding. I feel I could bend the back arms in a bit more, but that seems like it would be too cluttered. What do you guys think?

Spoiler:
By Ledia
#28124 This look awesome Edeodin! You've done a superb job on the entire Machop line in my opinion and Machoke kicks butt in game. Light will probably code and animate Machop soon too :) I'm just trying to rap my head around how we'll animate his arms when he's walking.... maybe just the first set of arms will move and the other two will remain stationary? Or we could have both sets moving in unison... hmmm.

Sorry if I'm getting ahead of myself, I just feel so confident about this awesome model getting accepted that I'm already assuming it to be approved. (Don't yell at me SPG) Did I mention you've done an amazing job? I mean really, the model, the texture the whole thing just blows me away!

(sppppsssssst, don't forget about texturing Nidoran male :P )
By SPG
#28128 (dont replace the current version you have now if you to do this)
im aware getting another pair of arrms on a human like pokemon is hard, because its not natural, but may i suggest doing something like this with the top arms like you have with the bottom arms so it seems like it is getting ready to fight or something? the only thing i could think of so it doesnt look weird because of this odd numbers
By Edeodin
Ledia wrote:This look awesome Edeodin! You've done a superb job on the entire Machop line in my opinion and Machoke kicks butt in game. Light will probably code and animate Machop soon too :) I'm just trying to rap my head around how we'll animate his arms when he's walking.... maybe just the first set of arms will move and the other two will remain stationary? Or we could have both sets moving in unison... hmmm.

Sorry if I'm getting ahead of myself, I just feel so confident about this awesome model getting accepted that I'm already assuming it to be approved. (Don't yell at me SPG) Did I mention you've done an amazing job? I mean really, the model, the texture the whole thing just blows me away!

Thank you! I can't wait to have him in game for myself. :D Yeah I knew animation was going to be fun with this one... Maybe not perfectly in unison, but the back arms could have a slight delay or something. Or maybe just move only slightly. Even a tiny bit of movement is better than none though.

And I haven't forgotten. ;) I still need the model to do that though.

And yeah SPG I considered raising his arms like in the art, but I wasn't sure if that would work with your animation system since you wanted a neutral pose. As long as it's ok to put them up like that then yeah no problemo.
By SPG
Edeodin wrote:
Ledia wrote:This look awesome Edeodin! You've done a superb job on the entire Machop line in my opinion and Machoke kicks butt in game. Light will probably code and animate Machop soon too :) I'm just trying to rap my head around how we'll animate his arms when he's walking.... maybe just the first set of arms will move and the other two will remain stationary? Or we could have both sets moving in unison... hmmm.

Thank you! I can't wait to have him in game for myself. :D Yeah I knew animation was going to be fun with this one... Maybe not perfectly in unison, but the back arms could have a slight delay or something. Or maybe just move only slightly. Even a tiny bit of movement is better than none though.

And yeah SPG I considered raising his arms like in the art, but I wasn't sure if that would work with your animation system since you wanted a neutral pose. As long as it's ok to put them up like that then yeah no problemo.

well, not going to lie, there is really a neutral position for this guy, so..... we can only try things until we find something that looks nice
By Edeodin
SPG wrote:
Edeodin wrote:

well, not going to lie, there is really a neutral position for this guy, so..... we can only try things until we find something that looks nice

My thoughts exactly. I guess it depends on how much we want his back arms to move, especially if he has... say battle animations using them.
By fartmasterf
#28147 I think this is about as neutral of a look as you can find. I did some digging around and that is the best the inter-webs offer.
Spoiler:

You could always put weights in his hands and constantly have him doing dumbbell presses? Or you could put a shocked look on his face and have him just flailing his arms around, animate him to run like he just saw Betty White getting out of the shower. He is too serious of a pokemon to be put in a relaxed position, you almost have to leave him like SPG said -- in a fighting stance at all times... I still like the Betty White idea (just saying).

Personally I like number 4 in this pic as a standing/idle pose.
Spoiler:
By Jephon
#28161 I like number four there as well. And again, I don't think I mentioned it on this model, Edeodin... You amaze me.

The only thing I don't like about this, is that EVERYONE will have this pokemon because of how awesome it looks. And because fighting types are so rare right now.

Edeodin, what are your next plans? I can't wait to root (Correct usage?) you on there as well!
By Lugia
#28214 Keep EVERYTHING the way they are right now.
Everything is just perfect, KUDOS.
Please dont hestitate about that upper pair of hands. The neutral-ity is pretty much flawless.
Cant wait for this to be animated and put into the game.
JOIN THE TEAM