By darkclaw234
#2960 Dear Pixelmon players, I am looking into recreating pokemon in a map. But, I have a few questions I need answered first.

1. How can I share my world so it can be downloaded as a map?

2. How can I make sure that only certain level pokemon spawn in certain areas?

3. How can I make trainers stay in one spot? (are they just as dumb as villagers, or smarter)

4. How can I make it so that I don't choose your starter pokemon for you?

5. How come nobody uses the healers in the pokecenters?

6. How can i allow people to buy things and have a working shop?

By fugger973
#2967 as far as i know, it is impossible to set up shops or put in items from a mod, such as healers, into a map to be downloaded by other people. i believe this is so that anyone can download the map and it wont autocrash because they may or may not have those same mods
By Omerta
#2974 A lot of these things you've listed just simply can't be done within the mod...yet. You can't control Pokemon spawns or trainers at this time, but I believe a development kit is being worked on that will eventually allow you to do that. I don't make maps so I'm not sure of the answers to your other questions. I know you can use the CreateShops filter for MCEdit to make shops, but I don't know for sure if you can sell things like Pokeballs and potions.
By ihatemimes
#3035 You might want to have a look into filters and MCEdit if you are looking into map making.

Check out [urlhttp://sethbling.com/downloads/mcedit-filters/[/url]

I'm not sure about trainers, but you use the AddPotionEffect filter to add a slowness potion to villagers to keep them in one spot and, as for shops, you can use use CreateShops to make trading shops.
By cowiejr
#7531 1. How can I share my world so it can be downloaded as a map?

get the world file and copy it out, i recommend compressing it aswell

2. How can I make sure that only certain level pokemon spawn in certain areas?

can't be done, yet

3. How can I make trainers stay in one spot? (are they just as dumb as villagers, or smarter)

you need to cage them

4. How can I make it so that I don't choose your starter pokemon for you?

use a server, you can host one on your computer that only you can connect to

5. How come nobody uses the healers in the pokecenters?

Don't understand question

6. How can i allow people to buy things and have a working shop?

You can

-use bukkit and set it up as a server map

-create a massive redstone behemoth using command blocks

-use custom npcs

-wait for stores in pixelmon
By Drsgonoid04
#7699 Alternatively for Question Four you can set the worlds spawnpoint for the entire world with /spawnpoint [x] [y] [z] or just go to the place you want to have as the spawnpoint and type in /spawnpoint. Then just delete the players folder in your save file before you distribute it.
By Drsgonoid04
#7700 Alternatively for Question Four you can set the worlds spawnpoint for the entire world with /spawnpoint [x] [y] [z] or just go to the place you want to have as the spawnpoint and type in /spawnpoint. Then just delete the players folder in your save file before you distribute it.
JOIN THE TEAM