is this model ready to be approved?

77%
23%
By karrybird
#4349 alright, i tried something a little different with this guy, and because of the annoying transparent texture issue you guys can't see what i was really going for D:

Spoiler:

and here is what the teeth look like, they're inside the mouth block to look more natural while the front of the mouth is transparent so you get a view of inside the mouth.
Spoiler:

so yeah, i think it would look really cool if techne would just cooperate for a change XD
but anyways, i don't think it would look like the first pictures in game.

By SPG
#4352 this is hard to judge, techne just being a bad program messes it up for everyone xD, bit suprised no one has tried this til now tbh
By karrybird
SPG wrote:this is hard to judge, techne just being a bad program messes it up for everyone xD, bit suprised no one has tried this til now tbh

yeah, techne is a pain sometimes. XD
but minus the mouth, does it look alright?
By MrMasochism
#4356 the teeth are a bit too blurry in my opinion. The body is nicely done but the whickers and hair and teetch are all a little bit too ragged
By SPG
#4361 not entirely sure, techne messes up my view so i cant give you a 100% honest oppinion about it, but it looks fine minus what mr. m said about the teeth
By karrybird
#4401 alright, made the textures a bit better
Spoiler:

the reason the textures are a bit ragged is because the model is so very small, there isn't a whole lot i could do to be honest D:
By MrMasochism
#4443 it might be worth double sizing the model then. It's just too ragged for such an awesome pokemon
By GodOf_War
#4445 You really shouldn't have to touch the model to increase the texture though, especially with the HD texture method.
By karrybird
#4446 lol raticate...awesome?

anyway, how should i go about changing it then?
By GodOf_War
karrybird wrote:lol raticate...awesome?

anyway, how should i go about changing it then?

Well, truthfully, just increasing the texture size should let you alter the detail in the teeth. Using whatever image editor you have, you can scale up the current texture to the new dimensions, then alter the texture where the teeth are to provide more detail. This way you won't have to touch the model, which personally I do love.
JOIN THE TEAM