Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

By karrybird
KuryoZT wrote:I love the new types combination too, seems awsome.
And swords with spirits in them are kinda common in mangas too right? So a myth wouldn't seems far off.
I just said it reminded me of other games, but a Ghost/Steel typed means, immune to Normal,Poison,Fighting, and the rest later.
I want more, more original combination.

there have been a few so far with unique typing, like helioptile with it's secondary normal typing (apparently pokemon have never had normal as secondary typing before.) and even talonflame being a fire/flying first route bird is a first!
also litleo has a secondary normal typing too, which makes me wonder, why tack on normal like that?

my theory is that it's a placeholder for another new type. (unlikely, but could still be possible) i hope sound type or something is introduced, there are quite a few pokemon that are based on sound (chimecho, loudred, chatot, kricketune, noivern), not to mention all the moves that are clearly sound based.
i wonder if during this special announcement later today will confirm this or not...

/pointless babble
By KuryoZT
#53112 I don't think they have another type incomming, but it's just me.
And yeah, they've made quite a bunch of unusual pairings up until now, I hope they continue to surprise us, even after the game is out.
And an announcement today? Sweet, didn't know there were one.

But fire/fly isn't a first, only it's the first "generic bird" (encounter it as a first pokemon in-game, or a pidgey-style) that isn't only normal\fly. True, and awsome right?
By karrybird
KuryoZT wrote:I don't think they have another type incomming, but it's just me.
And yeah, they've made quite a bunch of unusual pairings up until now, I hope they continue to surprise us, even after the game is out.
And an announcement today? Sweet, didn't know there were one.

But fire/fly isn't a first, only it's the first "generic bird" (encounter it as a first pokemon in-game, or a pidgey-style) that isn't only normal\fly. True, and awsome right?

yeah that's what i meant, it's a first for the first route bird to be part fire type, thus a first in the whole game.

and yeah, masuda said he was recording a "very special" x and y announcement that will be shown on the 4th, which is today, thus i am really excited for it :)
By KuryoZT
karrybird wrote:and yeah, masuda said he was recording a "very special" x and y announcement that will be shown on the 4th, which is today, thus i am really excited for it :)

I had to.
By SPG
#53188 took long enough to get a ghost/steel type, and it looks like im waiting to buy my xl, im getting that blue one
By Waterboyr
#53209 Anyone else feel the starters seem a little weird? Anyways this is actually pretty cool...
By karrybird
Waterboyr wrote:Anyone else feel the starters seem a little weird? Anyways this is actually pretty cool...

what about the starters? they're all really awesome.
JOIN THE TEAM