Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Kyiv
#57472 Hi, Its Kyiv Here and I was wondering, Should I use MCPC+ or Bukkitforge?
I heard MCPC+ has its Pros and Cons, and also Bukkitforge has its Pros and Cons.
Well, Please tell me which one is better down below.

Cheers,
Kyiv

By AnDwHaT5
#57609 I use bukkit forge the only issue i have is i cant spawn in items. Like /give or /i what have you. To get command blocks i use world edit put in the id of 137(a command block) and use the pick block function to get it in my inv. Bukkit forge has bugs but it isnt that bad. I never tried mcpc+ so i cant really say anything bout it. Hope i helped.
By Kyiv
Isi wrote:
AnDwHaT5 wrote:I use bukkit forge the only issue i have is i cant spawn in items. Like /give or /i what have you. To get command blocks i use world edit put in the id of 137(a command block) and use the pick block function to get it in my inv. Bukkit forge has bugs but it isnt that bad. I never tried mcpc+ so i cant really say anything bout it. Hope i helped.

You running essentials in with that? It'll cause your item issue. Open the essentials.jar, take out plugin.yml - Open it with Notepad++ or something similar. Look for the lines pertaining to Item and give, delete them. Re-add to the jar. Upload to the server, start server. Solved.

Thank you ISI!!!! And Ermm..... I use a MAC so I opened it through making the jar a Zip and how do I make it a jar again? I tried compressing and it didnt work.

EDIT: I got /give to work just not /i or /item as it says Unknown Command.
By AnDwHaT5
#57648 ....... thank you i will look at that .... why on hell would they put that as disabled... i dont even...
By Evilshallwin
AnDwHaT5 wrote:....... thank you i will look at that .... why on hell would they put that as disabled... i dont even...

They're asking you to PUT IT ON DISABLED, because Essentials /i and /give command overrides the vanilla command.

Naturally, Bukkitforge, with its crappy inventory handling, breaks the command. If you disable the command through Essentials, the server should revert to using the vanilla form of the command.
By JayPeaSize
#57663 Bukkitforge generally can't support more than ~30 players without lagging like hell, in my experience. If you ever expect to be a big server you will probably want to go with MCPC.
By Kyiv
#57680 Thanks for the feedback. Might try MCPC+ first. Are there any known pokemon bugs?
By XRECKXIMPACT
#58112 There are two I believe that have been reported to me but it shouldn't be a big issue. The first issue is that on certain occurances, a players pokemon will be able to be 1 hit KO'ed by anything, even sand attack for example. This can be fixed however just by having the player heal their pokemon. Another issue that I have not tried is that supposedly, if you run /kill, it will kill everything, even a trainer's pokemon. Not sure how true that is but the best way to prevent this is to negate /kill from everyone's perms.
JOIN THE TEAM