Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Lusewing
#5935 So, is Aluminum really necessary? I have been playing this mod for a while and it shows a lot of promise, especially in the production of adventure mads and servers. However the one feature that sticks out like a sore thumb if the introduction of Bauxite Ore/Aluminum. It seems to have no real reason to be there other than to say 'look new ore', when Iron would do the job just as well. It is certainly not there to balance the costs of the new equipment as the needed diamond and glowstone dose a far better job of that.

Now I can understand that the crafting recipes would could be seen as a problem if you take out the Aluminum to turn into plates but that is easy to solve by simply having the iron ingot placed on the anvil and shaped into a plate, then having the plate placed on the anvil and have it turned into base. This seems like a much more fluid production system.

Aside from that little thing the frame work for the mod if fantastic, as well as all the models and mechanics. I really can't wait until this mod is finished.

By perkhaze
#5959 i have to disagree (respectfully of course) i think the main reason for this is that there are already so many other uses for iron that making more of them would make you have to farm lots and lots of iron ( not that its rly hard anyway but still) i do see your point however i think that this was a good idea not to mention its not overdoing it by adding say 5 new metals in which case i think would be too much
By Docjoe
#5991 I think I remember seeing that there were aluminum-based tools and such in the creative mode inventory... I haven't experimented with how they compare but I assume that they are alternatives to using iron for armor or tools or weapons.

Personally I can find iron simply by going to the snow regions and farming the magnemite
By Lusewing
#6003 I can understand, which is why I posted this in general rather then suggestions. After all this is not my mod, and it any way they want ;) I do have to say that I am truly impressed with not only the work that has already gone in to this mod but also the scope of things that are planned. I really am looking forward to a very blocky Pokemon adventure.
By TLesniak
Docjoe wrote:I think I remember seeing that there were aluminum-based tools and such in the creative mode inventory... I haven't experimented with how they compare but I assume that they are alternatives to using iron for armor or tools or weapons.

Personally I can find iron simply by going to the snow regions and farming the magnemite

I believe the aluminum tools are are big downgrade from iron tools. I tried to hammer out some pokeball lids with a aluminum hammer and it took ages.
JOIN THE TEAM