Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By BobMan198
#61197 Hello, I love your pixelmon mod i have been playing it for a wile and i would like to help create it respond back please thank you :D and also on my realy good pc i cant get it it will only say mojang and crash please help thank you!
By Jakky89
#62456 When you do everything at your own why you posted this help request topic then?
Again: I like Pixelmon verry much and I would like to help. But when you don't want my help you won't get my help.
By MrMasochism
Jakky89 wrote:When you do everything at your own why you posted this help request topic then?
Again: I like Pixelmon verry much and I would like to help. But when you don't want my help you won't get my help.

Gee you really just don't get it. We don't want you trying to take a cut from something you haven't put much effort into. I'm not sure why that is such a problem to you, everyone else understands it. I want help to create the system, that doesn't mean I haven't put thought into it and made the initial moves. We have a server set up for it and I've looked into what's required. How is that hard to understand?
By Jakky89
MrMasochism wrote:
Jakky89 wrote:When you do everything at your own why you posted this help request topic then?

Gee you really just don't get it. We don't want you trying to take a cut from something you haven't put much effort into (havn't seen anyone else who will do this yet). I'm not sure why that is such a problem to you, everyone else understands it. I want help to create the system, that doesn't mean I haven't put thought into it and made the initial moves. We have a server set up for it and I've looked into what's required. How is that hard to understand?

I try to understand what you think about it (you have other thoughts in many ways) but I don't get why you think that I won't put much effort into it as I don't know anything already existing like this and such a project is not the easiest thing you can do. It has to be stable, secure, reliable, fast (we would need some good servers with database replication etc.) and another important thing is that customers have to be able to buy things without navigating through hundrets of menus or have to ask/need support before they can buy e.g. an item.

Also keep in mind that not everybody is able to buy with one specific payment method so we have to integrate some most widely used payment methods. And as I already have done such integrations (PayPal, paysafecard and Paymentwall) in other projects, I thought you could be interested in my help. One of the problems could be that I am just an unknown developer for you (and yes, I am not and I don't like to become famous).

The other problem is that we have other thoughts about such a project and I don't like (and I fear) when someone is able to modify or steal something of my work and takes it over labeled or sold as his own work. I want to do it like I want and you want to do it like you want. So besides we maybe never will be able to work together I think the best thing you can do is that you either develop something like this at your own or if you are able to give over the work just let me implement it like I want and when you don't like it it was at least a try.

I am experienced (but unknown) as debian linux administrator and developer and already successfully set up webservers (not using apache anymore), mysql database servers with replication, payment systems, wrote own unique applications and scripts that work well together (using php, javascript, html5, sql, bash and more).

I just want to get sure that before I develop something and put many hours of work in it, it will be used at least by one big project as pixelmon is one of these so my work isn't for nothing when nobody is interested in using it.
By HoneyBearGaming
#63061 Please do not ban me for this, I am just saying how I feel on this and also giving a few suggestions on how the system might be improved because of the mass amount of criticism this idea has received. Firstly, I might say that I think the way Jakky89 has been treated is unfair. He has considerable experience, and to ask for a small chunk of the money to pay for servers and, as this won't be open source, to make a small profit off of a good amount of work. I understand that there are people who have put in a lot more effort into this mod than he has, but it is not fair nor acceptable that the cost of reliable servers be put upon him. Now for my idea to help the Pixelmon team increase their profits, as it is very understandable that they want some profits for their massive amount of work, I develop mods myself and I understand the desire for profits, so here is my solution. Firstly, I think as part of the web store you could be able to "modify" certain characteristics of your selected pokemon(s) similar to the way the Aether II's moas are customisable you could change the color, and similar. Also there could be set prices for making your pokemon shiny, or giving it custom move sets. I would offer to help with this, but my knowledge in web-developing is minimal,

Thanks,

HoneyBearGaming
By chippy2000
#64121 :D If this is on an MC server I could design the map! I would love to be part of this! It would have to be on 1.6.2 because thats my current version. Just PM me the IP and I'll be there.

However if it's on a website I won't be able to help you there. :cry:
By Jakky89
chippy2000 wrote:http://ci.drtshock.com/job/SurvivalGames/lastStableBuild/artifact/target/SurvivalGames.jar

Of course, my plans are that my API could be used everywhere. On a server, website and even both at the same time. It also would be possible to make a server where players can buy things for other servers when the owner wants it. Would make most sense when developer is running a server to get some money by letting players buy things on it so his plugin can give bought items to them on other server(s).
JOIN THE TEAM