Quality of Each Model

22%
27%
21%
10%
6%
13%
By Ewcongogamer
ryancpexpert wrote:The blender models looks a lot better than your techne model. I can't wait to see it when you have it textured!

I thought I would give those really excited for an update a view on my texturing progress. :)

By Ewcongogamer
#65608 Raikou Texture Update
Spoiler:
]

Wondered if anyone had comments, since I've gotten to the worst part of any of my models.....the EYES!!!!
By Il_Lupo
#65629 Omg, it's so beautiful... ;-;

Eyes are pretty easy to make. Just be sure to use lots of layers so you can delete whatever goes wrong. Use references if you have to, but always do the outlines of the eyes (triangle-ish) then make a layer under that outline filled in with white. Shade the white to be darker around the edges of the eyes, to make it look round.

Next, draw a circle in a layer under the eye outlines but above the white. Colour it in any colour, then shade it so the bottom curve is brighter and the top half is shaded. Make a bright white circle smack bang in the middle of the dark part. Then put in a pupil, duh, and add whatever shading/colours you like.
By Vespirs
#66107 His head is what is irking me. It's too fat, and isn't formed into that 'dog muzzle' shape properly, so it makes his head look kind of like a chipmunk's head. Try and reform the head to where it has a bit of shape to it, and don't make it so wide. Also, reposition the eyes to where they aren't on top of the head.
By Ewcongogamer
Vespirs wrote:His head is what is irking me. It's too fat, and isn't formed into that 'dog muzzle' shape properly, so it makes his head look kind of like a chipmunk's head. Try and reform the head to where it has a bit of shape to it, and don't make it so wide. Also, reposition the eyes to where they aren't on top of the head.

He is a chipmunk though? Take a look -> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Raikou
and the eyes always suck....
By Vespirs
Ewcongogamer wrote:
Vespirs wrote:His head is what is irking me. It's too fat, and isn't formed into that 'dog muzzle' shape properly, so it makes his head look kind of like a chipmunk's head. Try and reform the head to where it has a bit of shape to it, and don't make it so wide. Also, reposition the eyes to where they aren't on top of the head.

He is a chipmunk though? Take a look -> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Raikou
and the eyes always suck....

Let me rephrase the head reference... Not a dog muzzle, more of a big cat or a tiger head. Still not a chipmunk. Although his head isn't the most sharp, it does have form, form that isn't shown in the model. And if the eyes always suck the change how you do them. Try and reposition them to be in proportion with the official artwork's eyes.
By KuryoZT
#66128 When I saw the model with the eyes, I was like: "Raikou KAIWAIII". Just because it looks anime-like to me.
Anyway, Vespirs is right, the head shape ends in a wrong way. I can't say why exactly right now, I'm not on my comp, so it's kinda crappy to give details,sorry. But I'll come back later, and detail, and give pictures then, ok?
Sorry about that.
By Foquine
#66132 Awww... Raikou is so cute with those big eyes...

But killers have tiny pieces or knifes in their orbits.... And they stare at you.. and you die from inside...
By Vespirs
Foquine wrote:Awww... Raikou is so cute with those big eyes...

But killers have tiny pieces or knifes in their orbits.... And they stare at you.. and you die from inside...

Define "cute".
JOIN THE TEAM