Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By purenrgiii
#87231 i saw the new trash item "left overs" and it got me thinking that there might be some neat micro transaction game play to be had. what if pokemons moods meant more. what if you could buy or make them foods to make them happy and that effected how they battled. maybe happy pokemon would be lightly luckier, have a tiny DEF. boost, and healing would be more effective, BUT they hit a little less. where as angry pokemon would be less lucky and there DEF. would be a little less, but they would hit harder and any rage moves or self destructive mods would be stronger.so now training your pokemon doesn't just mean tossing them out over and over. it means interacting with them and conditioning the moods. the way i think would be cool to control there moods would be hunger and comfort. hunger controls how fast their mood drops so a pokemon that is full will keep his mood where it is, but a starving pokemons mood would drop very fast.(full,content,peckish,hungry,starving. so 1-5). then there is comfort needs. water pokemon need to be in water from time to time, fire and rock types need to be in lava, electric and normal need fresh air and sun light, and psychic need darkness.(plus all the other new types can fit in one of these.) comfort needs would raise there mood.(1-5) and then treats (leaf treats, raock candy, herbal tea, redhots and sour balls.) would insta boost mood by 2-3 points.

now i realize i may be alone in wanting this but i'd really like to know what other people think about it or if anyone else has any ideas like this. lets discuss.

By DeamonWolf
#87519 I personally would not care too much for this. I would like to see things like x speed or something that would be cool. (might already be there idk I just started playing)
By purenrgiii
DeamonWolf wrote:I personally would not care too much for this. I would like to see things like x speed or something that would be cool. (might already be there idk I just started playing)

well like you said you just started. and yes you can boost attributes. what i'm talking about is training and conditioning instead of the diablo-esque grind bosses for OP items lvl 100 pokemon in 1 week the game is right now.
By DeamonWolf
#87539 I could see how someone would do that. I do think that having to put the pokemon in their environments would be interesting.
By purenrgiii
DeamonWolf wrote:I could see how someone would do that. I do think that having to put the pokemon in their environments would be interesting.

well i know i'd enjoy the immersion aspect. i keep playing and wishing there were other things i could do with my pokemon like how in the show you'd see people playing with them or hardcore trainers pushing them. it's fun as it is but it's just battles and more battles. servers could have poke parks built that you could visit. and if a server didn't like it they could just turn feeding to false. i don't know if you've seen that pokemon generations game coming out but it plans on having a food mixing mini game. thought the dev feed has been quit for 3 months now. hope it isn't dead.
By purenrgiii
buddy18181 wrote:i like this idea oh and as for missing no it wont be added cause it was a glitch so it was not meant to exist
ya i know man it's ok. i can dream about it at night ^_~
By Jephon
purenrgiii wrote:
DeamonWolf wrote:I could see how someone would do that. I do think that having to put the pokemon in their environments would be interesting.

well i know i'd enjoy the immersion aspect. i keep playing and wishing there were other things i could do with my pokemon like how in the show you'd see people playing with them or hardcore trainers pushing them. it's fun as it is but it's just battles and more battles. servers could have poke parks built that you could visit. and if a server didn't like it they could just turn feeding to false. i don't know if you've seen that pokemon generations game coming out but it plans on having a food mixing mini game. thought the dev feed has been quit for 3 months now. hope it isn't dead.

I'm sure there will be plans on getting other things sorted on outside of battle experiences with pokemon once the core stuff get added. They still have a good bit of work to do. I would love to see the battle screen design get an update. It is a good one but it is getting dated. Esp with the other awesome graphics.

Thats just an example though. Berries still need to be implemented as well, plus tons of other stuff. All this comes first before some other stuff like you are speaking of get added.
By purenrgiii
jsnbrown1989 wrote:
purenrgiii wrote:

I'm sure there will be plans on getting other things sorted on outside of battle experiences with pokemon once the core stuff get added. They still have a good bit of work to do. I would love to see the battle screen design get an update. It is a good one but it is getting dated. Esp with the other awesome graphics.

Thats just an example though. Berries still need to be implemented as well, plus tons of other stuff. All this comes first before some other stuff like you are speaking of get added.

whyis it ever forum thread you post in deviates wildly from the discussion at hand XD that just has the word berries in at the very end XD i'm just kidding. i'm not but i am. do what you do. just asking lol -sincerely also a.d.d.
By Jephon
#88417 Wait, what? I tend to draw the conversation back. What my post stated is just that there are more important things to come first. These will happen when everything else about the mod is 100%.

I'm not sure how this is add or off topic. I used berries as an example because they are already modeled just waiting to be coded.

sincerely,

Utterly confused.
JOIN THE TEAM