Berry trees are plants that produce Berries. They can be found naturally in the world or created by planting Berries. All types of Berry trees spawn at the same rate.
Each type of Berry tree has a separate model, so some types of Berries currently do not have corresponding Berry trees.
Berry trees spawn randomly in most wooded biomes.
- Forest Hills
- Flower Forest
- Birch Forest
- Birch Forest Hills
- Birch Forest M
- Birch Forest Hills M
- Roofed Forest
- Roofed Forest M
- Taiga Hills
- Taiga M
- Mega Taiga
- Mega Taiga Hills
- Mega Spruce Taiga
- Redwood Taiga Hills M
- Cold Taiga
- Cold Taiga Hills
- Cold Taiga M
- Extreme Hills+
- Extreme Hills+ M
Naturally occurring Berry trees spawn fully grown, and stay fully grown indefinitely until they are picked, after which they will disappear. They will always produce 1-2 Berries when picked.
When a Berry is used on grass, dirt, or farmland, a seed will be planted in the dirt; this seed will gradually grow into a Berry tree, which can then be harvested for Berries of the same type as the Berry that was planted. Make sure to plant the Berry on vanilla blocks. Modded may not work.
After planting a Berry, a seed will appear in the dirt. As time passes (In Real Life time), the seed will transition through three intermediate stages (a sapling, a young tree, and a flowering tree) before reaching a mature stage where Berries are visible. When the Berry tree matures, Berries can be picked from the tree by interacting with it. After picking from the tree, the tree will disappear.
If a mature Berry tree is left alone and not picked from, it will die after a certain amount of time. When a tree dies, there is a 50% chance that it will revert back to a seed (restarting the growth process), and a 50% chance that it will disappear completely. The time taken for a Berry tree to grow/die depends on the Berry tree's type.
The number of Berries produced by a Berry tree depends on a few factors.
- Each growth stage, a Berry tree can be treated with bone meal or watered with a Wailmer Pail. Doing either of these will increase the Berry tree's yield by 1, and can only be done once per growth stage.
- Every 30 minutes, if the Berry tree is not planted in hydrated farmland, it will lose one Berry from its yield, until reaching its minimum yield.
- When planted, a Berry tree will start at a certain yield depending on the type of Berry tree.
Berry trees can be destroyed at any stage, and can be destroyed faster using an axe. When destroyed, the seed stage will drop a single Berry, while a fully grown tree will drop the same amount of Berries that would have been obtained by picking from the tree. Destroying a Berry tree during its intermediate growth stages will cause it to drop nothing.
A young Cheri Berry tree
|Berry||Berry tree||Starting yield||Minimum yield||Maximum yield||Hours per stage||Total growth time||Death time|
- "berryTreeGrowthMultiplier": Multiplier for the growth rate of Berry trees. A higher multiplier will make Berry trees grow (and die) faster.
- "maximumPlants": The maximum number of Berry trees and Apricorn trees (combined) that can be planted in each world chunk.