PixelLink is a small application that can be used to link a player's Minecraft and Pixelmon forum accounts together, a process that is required to gain access to donation sashes, giveaway rewards and the complementary Trainer Hat, which is a reward for linking.
To install PixelLink, download the correct version from your account settings on the forums and save it somewhere. You can then run it from the folder you saved it to.
- Download PixelLink from here
- Run the download
- It's likely your Anti-virus will display a warning about the application, and refuse to run it unless you allow it. Depending on your Anti-virus, press "Run anyways" (You may have to press "More Info" for the option to appear). PixelLink is completely safe, and can be uninstalled after the linking process is done.
The reason PixelLink will trigger your Anti-virus, is due to the fact that the updated PixelLink is a relatively new application and hasn't been used frequently enough to be identified as safe yet by Anti-Viruses. In due time this should not trigger the anti-virus as more and more people use it.
PixelLink is a 32-bit application. If you are using a 64-bit version of Linux, you will need to have certain libraries installed to run 32-bit applications; these libraries can be installed by using the following command in Terminal:
sudo apt-get install lib32z1 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libnotify4:i386 libxtst6:i386 gconf-service-backend:i386 gconf2:i386 libnspr4-dev:i386 libnss3-dev:i386 libasound2:i386 overlay-scrollbar-gtk2:i386 libatk-adaptor:i386 libgail-common:i386 unity-gtk2-module:i386 libcanberra-gtk-module:i386
Note that this command is for Linux distributions with the APT package manager (e.g. Debian and derivatives like Ubuntu). If your Linux distribution has a different package manager, you should use the respective command for your native package manager.
- Run PixelLink from the folder you downloaded it to earlier
- Click "Continue".
- Enter your Pixelmon forum username and the matching password, and then continue again.
- Wait for the Minecraft login page to come up.
- Enter the email address and password you used to register your Minecraft account.
- Click "Link".
A page should now come up saying you've linked your accounts successfully! If you encounter any errors during linking, make sure your MC account was not linked to a forums account already.
PixelLink serves no other purpose other than linking these two accounts, and can be safely deleted after use.