A ranch block is a block that is required to breed Pokémon. Unlike daycares in the Pokémon games, Pokémon do not gain experience while inside a ranch block.
|Ranch Block||Flower Pot +
Up to two Pokémon from the player's PC can be placed inside a ranch block, and Pokémon placed inside will appear within a 9×9 block area around the ranch block. While a Pokémon is inside a ranch block, it cannot be moved to the player's party or within the PC and will have a lock icon next to it when viewed inside the PC.
Only Pokémon that are inside a ranch block can be bred; attempting to conduct the breeding process without a ranch block will produce no results. If the breeding process is successful, the resultant Egg will be visible inside the ranch block and can be claimed. A single Pokémon or a group of Pokémon that cannot breed with each other can be placed inside the ranch block with no repercussions. However, this will not result in anything material and is purely aesthetic.
A redstone current will be emitted by a ranch block that has an Egg inside of it.
Pokémon inside a ranch block can be interacted with to show their breeding progress, or whether they are able to breed. Most other interactions with Pokémon, such as mounting and using Rare Candies, are inaccessible for Pokémon inside a ranch block. However, interactions which involve harvesting resources, namely Pokémon-specific interactions with Camerupt, Mareep, and Miltank, will function normally.
A ranch block requires a pickaxe to be broken and retrieved. Breaking it will reset any progress that was made with the breeding process. Any Pokémon that were inside the ranch block will be returned to the PC.
If the player is outside the ranch block's range, the block will descend into the ground, leaving only its blue flower visible. Moving back into the ranch block's range will cause it to emerge from the ground again.
A ranch block with a Togepi Egg inside of it
- "allowBreeding": If this setting is set to false, ranch blocks cannot be crafted or placed, making breeding impossible.
- "allowRanchCrafting": Whether ranch blocks can be crafted.
- "allowRanchExpansion": Whether ranch upgrades exist to expand the range of a ranch block.
- In developmental versions of Pixelmon, the ranch block's design resembled the Companion Cube from Portal.
- The ranch block had a different recipe in developmental versions of Pixelmon before being changed to the current recipe used in public releases. The ingredients for this recipe were primarily items associated with love and romance, such as sweets, gemstones, and flowers. This recipe does not exist in the current version of Pixelmon.