Shrines are structures that spawn rarely in certain biomes. They are used to spawn the Legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. There are three types of shrines, one for each bird. Each of these shrines has a centerpiece that is modeled after its bird's wings, and when a fully-charged orb of the corresponding type is placed in one, the matching Legendary bird will spawn and battle the player who placed the orb. The orbs can be charged by defeating 375 Pokémon, which do not have to be the same type as the orb. Each individual shrine can only be used once.
Activated shrines will emit redstone currents.
- Frozen Shrine (Articuno): Ice Plains, Ice Plains Spikes, Ice Mountains, Cold Taiga
- Static Shrine (Zapdos):Savanna Plateau, Savanna M, Savanna Plateau M
- Fiery Shrine (Moltres):Mesa Plateau, Mesa Plateau F, Mesa Plateau M, Mesa Plateau F M
- "reusableBirdShrines": Whether or not shrines are reusable after being used.
- "spawnStructures": If disabled, shrines (and all other Pixelmon structures) will not spawn naturally.
- "spawnBirdShrines": If the above setting is true and this setting is disabled, shrines will not spawn naturally but other Pixelmon structures will.