A Status Effect or a Status Condition is, generally, a problem of a pokémon that can't fight correctly. This may be for losing HP, being paralyzed, etc...
- Paralyzed: Sometimes, the pokémon will not execute a move.
- Burned: The pokémon will lose 6.25% of its max HP each turn.
- Poisoned: The pokémon will lose 1/8 of its max HP each turn.
- Sleeping: The pokémon will not execute a move until it wakes up. The move Sleep Talk can make the sleeping pokémon execute a random move that it knows.
- Frozen: The pokémon will not execute a move until the freeze smelts. Some Fire Type moves can make the smelting faster.
How to cure a status effect
- Every status: Lum Berry, Full Heal, Heal Powder, Full Restore, Lava Cookie, Old Gateau, Casteliacone, Lumiose Galette and Shalour Sable.
Any item can remove pokérus.
Ok status means that nothing happens.