The Technic launcher is an optional alternative Minecraft launcher that can be used to install and run Pixelmon. A version of Pixelmon for 1.12 can currently be downloaded from the Pixelmon Mod technic pack. The Technic launcher is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux systems.
Installation and Setup
- Download the Technic launcher here.
- Once the download is completed, run the downloaded executable file to install the Technic launcher.
- When the installation finishes, the Technic launcher will start automatically. A shortcut can be placed onto the Desktop for further use from the installation file.
- Enter in your Minecraft account details to log into your account.
- To complete this step, you need to own a purchased copy of the computer version of Minecraft. You cannot use the Technic launcher if you use a cracked version of Minecraft, or if you only own Minecraft Pocket Edition (including Windows 10 Edition) or console editions (Xbox, PlayStation, Wii U).
- In the top left corner, type into the search bar "Pixelmon Mod".
- Once you find the Reforged modpack, select in the bottom right corner "Install". It should then start downloading the required librairies and mod to play Pixelmon on 1.12.2. This may take a few minutes.
- On the top right corner, click on "Launcher Options", then "Java".
- In the Java version drop-down, ensure that a 64-bit Java version is selected. In the Memory drop-down, make sure that at least 2GB of RAM have been assigned. If you are having issues with this, please refer to our Troubleshooting section below.
- Once the downloading is finished, the install option will be replaced with a play option. Pressing this button will launch Minecraft.
- If the Technic launcher crashes during the installation process, see this page for possible solutions. If you cannot find a solution on that page, please contact the team on Pixelmon Discord.
- If you are unable to launch Minecraft because you cannot allocate enough memory to Technic, see Fixing memory issues.
- If the technic pack refuses to download, manually install it from this page, and replace it in your technic files. It should be located in