PokéLoot chests are Poké Ball-shaped containers that can be found randomly throughout the world, each containing a Pixelmon-related item inside of them. They come in Poké Ball, Ultra Ball, and Master Ball varieties, with higher-quality chests being rarer and having a higher chance of containing better loot. They spawn in all biomes except Ocean, Deep Ocean, Frozen Ocean, River, and Frozen River biomes.
Chests cannot be mined and cannot be destroyed by explosions.
Some PokéLoot chests are invisible. While it is possible to find them normally, it is much easier to locate these chests using an Itemfinder.
Each naturally spawning PokéLoot chest contains an item from the special drop list. The item's tier depends on the type of chest.
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
By default, a naturally spawned PokéLoot chest disappears once a player loots the chest. This option can be changed in the Pixelmon config file.
- First Come, First Served (FCFS): Chest disappears once looted by a player.
- Permanent, Limit 1 Drop (PL1D): Chest doesn't disappear, but each individual player can only loot it once.
- Permanent, Unlimited Drops (PUD): Chest doesn't disappear, can be looted infinitely by players.
- Timed Loot (TIMED): Chest doesn't disappear, each individual player can loot the chest periodically (cooldown duration can also be set in config, defaults at once per day).
A custom PokéLoot chest can be created by the player by spawning a chest in through commands or Creative mode. It can either hold random loot or a specified item.
The chest may be placed like a normal block would. After the chest is placed, it can be acted upon in the following ways:
- Hit (Creative): Breaks chest
- Hit (Survival): Changes chest spawn mode
- Use (no item): Toggles visibility of chest
- Use (item): Puts the item inside the chest. The chest can no longer be customized afterwards.
- Sneak + Use: Puts random loot inside the chest according to the type of chest. The message "Block owner changed to server!" is displayed. The chest can no longer be customized afterwards.
For chests with specified loot, there is no difference between the three different types of chests besides aesthetics.
- "spawnNormal": Whether PokéLoot chests spawn naturally.
- "spawnHidden": Whether invisible PokéLoot chests spawn naturally.
- "spawnRate": Frequency of PokéLoot chests spawning. This value can be set from 0-3 to determine how many generated chunks it takes for a PokéLoot chest to spawn.
- "spawnMode": Sets the spawn mode of naturally spawning chests. This value can be between 0 and 3, each number corresponding to the spawn modes listed above.
- "timedLootReuseSeconds": Sets the amount of time that a player has to wait after opening a timed (spawn mode 3) chest before opening it again.
- "spawnGrotto": Determines whether Hidden Grottos spawn naturally.
- "useExternalJSONFiles": Allows special drops to be modified in a JSON file.